Sign in to follow this  
tinmaptd

Edit squadmates's armament when using mod planes

To throw this out first, I am new to the modding community of this game

I've been adding new airplanes to the game collection, but noticed that when using modded planes, only my own planes got missles and such while the squadmate planes only have machine guns and chaff. How do I edit the loadout for them>?

They are missing certain weapons which were set to load in their respective loadout.ini file. If there are such weapons you can mount, it is possible to load them manually with those. But better check loadout files.

check for missing weapons. you'll find them named in the loadout.ini for the aircraft.

you may need a Weapons Pak, if the loadout call for 'non stock' items

it also might help to know, what aircraft, what timeframe, which game, etc. otherwise, we're just kinda guessing here. something might be specific to a certain era or nation

Edited by Wrench

check for missing weapons. you'll find them named in the loadout.ini for the aircraft.

you may need a Weapons Pak, if the loadout call for 'non stock' items

it also might help to know, what aircraft, what timeframe, which game, etc. otherwise, we're just kinda guessing here. something might be specific to a certain era or nation

Two of the aircraft is the PAK FA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlunjEzpSU4

and one of the Mig 29 Hyper Fulcrum

They are missing certain weapons which were set to load in their respective loadout.ini file. If there are such weapons you can mount, it is possible to load them manually with those. But better check loadout files.

How do I equip my squadmate's armament manually? 

so, in other words, for "What If" aircraft

Did you read the enclosed readmes (if any?? some folks forget to list required add-ons and where to get them.) Have you LOOKED at the loadout ini, and compared what it's asking for with what you have, or that is listed on the 'available weapons' on the Loadout screen

How do I equip my squadmate's armament manually?

on the loadout screen, of course. you'll see a button for it off the single mission, hangar screen

so, in other words, for "What If" aircraft

Did you read the enclosed readmes (if any?? some folks forget to list required add-ons and where to get them.) Have you LOOKED at the loadout ini, and compared what it's asking for with what you have, or that is listed on the 'available weapons' on the Loadout screen

on the loadout screen, of course. you'll see a button for it off the single mission, hangar screen

Yeah I looked into the loadout ini and found out that I don't have some. I downloaded the weapon packs 2 but still missing most of the weapons listed in the ini files, also, I feel like it's not compatible to the plane or something, the missiles don't seem to hit anything, might be just me sucking

Also, I can only equip my OWN plane, not my squadmate planes, they still go into battle without a machine gun

Yeah I looked into the loadout ini and found out that I don't have some. I downloaded the weapon packs 2 but still missing most of the weapons listed in the ini files, also, I feel like it's not compatible to the plane or something, the missiles don't seem to hit anything, might be just me sucking

Also, I can only equip my OWN plane, not my squadmate planes, they still go into battle without a machine gun

nvm that, i figured out how to arm squadmate now, sorry