Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Alpha Jet invulnerable?

Just watched an AI dogfight between a couple of SU-15 vs some Alpha Jets. It seems that most missiles missed the Alpha jet very very close if not fly through them. In every other AI dogfight i watched before i would have seen lot of hits but not here. Seems something wrong with the Alpha Jet or the SU-15 missiles?

Rends

Well i have no idea but it looks like a Sidewinder

Well i have no idea but it looks like a Sidewinder

A sidewider in a Su-15... imposible, it may be and adder or an archer.

AA-2D ? 

What year did the dog fight took place ? if it was in the 1980s and beyond it should be using the R-60s or R-73s

We have to know the version of Su-15 addon, and the missiles... you are using. R-60 (Aphid) works fine in the game. R-3S (AA-2 Atoll) does not, but AFAIK Su-15 were set up not to use Atolls.

Some planes can be invulnerable because they have faulty collision extents set. The missile does not detect the plane's geometry within its detonator range. (IF it has such)

IF the Su-15 did fire Atolls, then it is a possible outcome, as early Atolls (even if configured correctly) can be evaded easily by a maneuverable fighter plane.

Make screenshot!!

Edited by Snailman

Yes i know it wasn't a SideWinder but i'm not familar with all the cold war stuff yet.

Run a similar Mission today this time with different Migs and saw again a couple of not exploding Missiles.

1 Alpha went down by gunfire another collided with a Mig and third was hit by a Missile.

I attached the Mission if anyone will try it out.

Used Autopilot (even with enemies nearby) next ALT-N  and then told my Wingmen to attack AAs so they stay over the target somewhat longer and watched the Scene.

Rends

Edited by Rends

Thats a mission file though. I dont have Alpha as addon, I can only take a look at missiles, if I know what kind...

Can check the Su-15_loadout ini - or make it flyable and load it up for that year and see what its using

Do you have many Soviet weapon add ons?

Guys, after a couple of test missions i´m pretty sure it isn't a Missile Problem.

Missiles works fine against other aircrafts .

Than I ran some missions with other sovjet aircrafts most Migs against the Alpha and i'm sure that the hit Chance of any other aicraft Missile on the Alpha is way lower than on any other western Jet. Maybe it has something to do that the Alpha Jet is so small and the game engine don't recognice the contact?

Edited by Rends

I had a similar issues with Marcelo Mi-8 back on SFP1 days. Most probably is a Min/MaxExtentPosition issue. If the "box" of the components is too small or shifted in another position, then the phisical component is actually transparent to gunfire or missiles. Couple it with a low accuracy missile and you have the picture.