Are the colors used for the plan are different on when or what aircraft it was?

If you look at the different stock or addon skins here you see big differences

Old Diego is right. Also factor in sunlight, fade, and weathering, and the variations on the colors will become greater. While FS numbers are great, often times, it presents a jet that looks way to clean.

as Old Diego mention above the monitor color calibrations is a crucial point here , i use two monitors / computers for moding one for 3ds max and skin making and one for the SF2 games i always have the problem that the color i chuse looks perfect on skin making and totaly wrong in game

i try to go somewhere in the middle with my color selection because i realy dont know wich screen is showing the right color , i did try to adjust the 2 screens but no luck , so if i have this problem with 2 screens Imagine what result you have with all the screens available

i was thinking to buy a new pair of screens to fix this problem , i testet some and yes the result was disillusioning i still work with my old screens

so what ever color profile you select in the net dont forget that the color you see may not be the color you need , your screen is not showing the "real" color

To complicate the problem my main monitor shows a diffrent shade at the top then at the bottom like a horizontal gradient and I'm color blind to some shades, so I work from RGB Hex values to ensure I'm using the same color for say camo shade 1 on both wings even if the color is wrong at least it matches.