Sign in to follow this  
Marat

Approach or Runway Lights Issue for SF1 Series

Dear modders!

There is a question regardinf approach and runway lights for SF1 Series. I have verious terrains (about 30) downloaded from this site. But only Libyan terrain has approach lights working 24 hours. Now I have the approach lights for friendly airfields of GermanyCE only. I tried to change data in all of the terrains using deser_airfield.inis of Libyan terrain but it did not work or the taxing, heading changed the way the planes started to take off in perpendicular way relative to the runway direction. I would like to ask if it is possible to install the approach lights for all the terrains or how to switch on the runway lights when using bad inclement weather because they start working only during the night time? Can anybody help with this issue?

Many thanks!

Marat

There are light sets available in the download section for most of the default TW runways that are used throughout the series (maybe 5 or 6 different styles).

So you need to find or extract each _airfield.ini - then paste in the light set sections and light material section appropriate for each type.

[LightSet001]
LightOn=0.25      <--------this determines lights coming on 
Color=0.88,0.88,0.88
Material=LightMaterial
Height=0.5000
Size=0.2000
Directional=FALSE
Prefix=RPoint
RPoint001=-45.0000,-1341.2285
RPoint002=-45.0000,-1310.7285
RPoint003=-45.0000,-1280.2285
RPoint004=-45.0000,-1249.7285
RPoint005=-45.0000,-1219.2285

[LightSet002]

[LightMaterial]
DepthBufferCheck=TRUE
DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

But what to do if not a single airfield.ini is available in the terrain folder, for exampl in Kamchatka terrain. Then how to do this and where to get the full info of lights? I am not a professional modder, than amateur player, that's why I do not know and understand many things :-) Please help. I would like to install the approach lights to all my 29 terrains)))

... "not a professional modder, juts amateur player" I wanted to say )))

then extract the relevant inis from a terrain cat, place in the terrain desired, and edit them

it doesn't get any simplier than that

Dear Wrench, pls take into note that I am an amateur :-) What means the terrain cat?)))