Sign in to follow this  
shoresroad

F10 "Fly By" View Angle

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to change the viewing angle for the F10 "Fly By" mode in First Eagles 2.  Right now my plane passes just above me by about 15 degrees, so I'm looking at the bottom of my plane as it flies by.  Is there a parm I can change to move my view to just above my plane on fly by.  I've been looking for one, but an awful lot of files to become familiar with and haven't found anything yet. 

Thanks!

There is a mode to make the "Fly-By" a lot longer. I believe it's still in the download section. I'm sure that if you tinker with that a bit you should be able to adjust the position of the camera during the Fly-By. Sorry I don't know exactly know how to do it. But it must be possible I would think.

There's a file in the FlightData.cat called the ViewList.ini that contains all the specs for all the views. 

Well, I surrender on this one.  The Extended Flyby mod is great and I appreciate you pointing it out to me.  It enhances both the F6 and F10 view options.  And it uses the ViewList.ini to do so.  But after a couple of hours of moving every value in the Flyby section I can't find any value that changes your fixed position in relation to your plane as it flies by.  Then I extracted the ViewList.ini to look at the original version and the mod has about twice as many lines in the Flyby section, so I'm thinking since the original modder didn't change your position in relation to your plane that there is another line needed to affect that parm.

So, if any of you modders get bored on a rainy day it sure would be great to know how to modify that angle.  First from the left and then from the right on each pass your plane flies past you at a 45 degree angle above you.  I was hoping to change it to where my view was about 30 degrees above my plane as it flies by.

Thanks in advance to anyone who ever decides to add this line to an already great mod :o)

To anybody new to FE2 like me this is a great mod already that you would probably like:

http://combatace.com/files/file/4922-longer-flyby-view/

Edited by shoresroad

Problem solved!  I have been working on installing Armchair Aces Redux and in the final stages last night I finally installed Peter's 108 FM Essential folder and then Ojcar's Redux folders and low and behold, my view angle changed from below my plane to above my plane on the F10 Flyby view!  I have no idea how it was done, but it had to be one of those two pieces as that was all I had left to get Redux running (which is an amazing upgrade of FE2)!

I'll poke around to see if I understand how it was done out of curiosity, but in any case it is now working :o)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Well, the mystery continues...

After finishing my install of Redux I started a career on the Flanders map with a Nieuport 10 and the F10 "flyby" view had changed to an angle above the plane.  Then I started another career on the Verdun map with a Fokker E.I and the flyby view was again looking at the plane at an angle from above it as it went past.  Started my third career tonight on the Vogesen map with a Morane Type N and the flyby view is from underneath the plane looking at the landing gear as it goes by.

So the flyby angle is either set through a parameter with each individual plane or the map.  I have looked at the plane.ini and plane_data.ini files but can't find anything obvious yet.  I'm going to test the planes on the different maps to find out if it could be a map parameter.

Also still hoping someone will read this who knows :o)