Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

For exemple, for us services you may get a purple heart every time you get wounded, but what about the other medals. Is there a tweak or something so we can get more then one over a ''career''.

You can get a medal all the times the conditions are met, that's why you get a Purple Heart when you die, and other medals I don't remember (sorry, I die too much xD)

Mix a little bit of Rambo and Top Gun together and you might get a silver or medal of honor ... on the game. Either that or fly a mission by yourself and drop a nuke on the enemy base.

That is exactly what I'd like to do if I wasn't outnumbered by MiG-17s and MiG-21 (it's often me vs 20 MiGs)

About the basics: first, you must have installed Strike Fighters 2 CAT File Extractor (available at Thirdwire Downloads, Tools and Utilities sub-section), and use it to extract the MedalsUSAF & MedalsUSN.ini file into your SF2/Flight folder. These two files must be located in the SF2/Flight/MissionData001.cat compressed folder. Then you can modify anything in these files, and have these modifications impact the game as long as your files exist in your SF2/Flight folder. For example, you will notice that in both files, the "//Purple Heart" block has a "CanBeMultiple=TRUE" line. Everything you have to do is to add this line in any block where you want to have the medal awarded every time the conditions are met. I have designed several medals packs including US awards (for SF1/ FE1 mostly), and you could make the multiple awards possible for the Air Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Silver Star. I hope this is the answer you were after.

Thanks for the answers guys.

I extracted the files and worked on them. I don't want to do this to be a ''hero'' with more medals then teeths :) But it's fun to get more then one of the same (when you can get one) and add a few more if i can sort it out...

Last question, do i put back the files in the c://program files/sf2 or c:://user//strikefighters2/...

Skiviper : If you want to get the MOH, drop a nuke on a main enemy airbase, you'll get one :) Done this once on a B-52H just to see the effect and got one...

tonipm99 : Mig 17's are easy meat, especially against an A-1 :) But fishbed's are a real pain in the a** for sure

About the basics: first, you must have installed Strike Fighters 2 CAT File Extractor (available at Thirdwire Downloads, Tools and Utilities sub-section), and use it to extract the MedalsUSAF & MedalsUSN.ini file into your SF2/Flight folder. These two files must be located in the SF2/Flight/MissionData001.cat compressed folder. Then you can modify anything in these files, and have these modifications impact the game as long as your files exist in your SF2/Flight folder. For example, you will notice that in both files, the "//Purple Heart" block has a "CanBeMultiple=TRUE" line. Everything you have to do is to add this line in any block where you want to have the medal awarded every time the conditions are met. I have designed several medals packs including US awards (for SF1/ FE1 mostly), and you could make the multiple awards possible for the Air Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross and the Silver Star. I hope this is the answer you were after.

Thanks Capitaine Vengeur!

I did this a while ago and get an Air Medal after setting it to ''multiple'' but yesterday i should have get a Silver Star per my mission score and parameters for this medal, but i got an Air Medal... Here are my settings for US navy medals... can you help me to point out what is wrong?

[Medal001]

Name=MEDAL_USN_MOH_NAME

MissionScore=4750

MissionKills=5

MissionRating=3

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USMedHonor_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNMedalOfHonor.txt

[Medal002]

Name=MEDAL_USN_NC_NAME

MissionScore=4250

MissionKills=4

MissionRating=3

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USNavyCross_AWARD.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNavyCross.txt

[Medal003]

Name=MEDAL_USN_ND_NAME

NumMissionsSuccess=30

MissionRating=2

ServiceScore=50000

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USNavyDist_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNavyDist.txt

[Medal004]

Name=MEDAL_USN_SS_NAME

MissionScore=3950

MissionKills=3

MissionRating=3

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USSilverStar_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNSilverStar.txt

[Medal005]

Name=MEDAL_USN_DFC_NAME

NumMissionsSuccess=15

MissionRating=2

ServiceScore=30000

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USDistFlyCross_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNDistFlyCross.txt

[Medal006]

Name=MEDAL_USN_NM_NAME

MissionScore=3500

MissionKills=1

MissionRating=2

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USNavyMedal_award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNavyMedal.txt

[Medal007]

Name=MEDAL_USN_AM_NAME

MissionScore=2750

MissionKills=1

MissionRating=2

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USAirMedal_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNAirmedal.txt

[Medal008]

Name=MEDAL_USN_BS_NAME

MissionScore=3000

MissionKills=1

MissionRating=2

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USBronzeStar_award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNBronzeStar.txt

[Medal009]

Name=MEDAL_USN_PH_NAME

PilotStatus=1

CanBeCombined=TRUE

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USPurpleHeart_Award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USPURPLEHEART.txt

[Medal010]

Name=MEDAL_USN_NGC_NAME

NumMissionsSuccess=10

MissionRating=1

ServiceScore=20000

CanBeMultiple=TRUE

AwardImage=USNGoodConduct_award.bmp

Citation=C:\Users\Utilisateur\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlanticEPSF2V\Flight\USNGoodConduct.txt

Just found by myself what the problem was... I copied also the medalsUSN.scr to my Flight Folder. After i removed it, i did a couple missions to take a look at what it might do i now the awards were given correctly per the score and multiple time when i met the requirements. I changed the name of the medals that are not in the original .scr file so the name will appear correctly when awarded.

Now i put the score/kill/missions/service factors a higher for every medal so that when i will get one it will be because i really earn it.

I just had to think about it :)