Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

A Windows 7 Easter Egg

Here's something that you should all find useful.  It works on Windows 7, and Possibly Windows 8/8.1 as well.

Create a new folder anywhere on your Windows 7 desktop.  Once you do, open it up just to prove to yourselves that its empty.  Now, back out of it, and then rename the folder Utilities, Tools, Godmode (etc.), whatever your heart desires.  But....you must add a period (dot) after the name, and attach the following string (brackets and all), directly after the name: {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} 

If, for example, you choose to name it "Tools", the folder name should appear like so: Tools.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Once you've renamed the folder, open it up....and prepare to be amazed. I trust that you will find what's now contained within that folder to be quite convenient on a day-to-day basis :biggrin:

• Like 1

WOW! Howd you find this out?

I still got this damn vista .... nevertheless awesome find there Fubar really good find indeed thanks for sharing.

It works on the Win8 desktop I'm on right now. It's not yet 8.1.

Appears to work with Win 8.1 as well. Just tried this on my personal work laptop. Don't ask why it's a personal work laptop...

-Jeff