SF2 A-4C(65) VA-172 'Blue Bolts' 1966

A-4C (65) Skyhawk, VA-172 'Blue Bolts' Vietnam 1966 Skinpack by Nyghtfall v1.1

===============================================================================

*** SF2V required for A-4C_65-model, tested in full 5-merged installation ***

The skin represents A-4Cs from VA-172 'Blue Bolts' in 1966 to 1967 aboard the carrier USS Franklin D. Roosevelt in Vietnam.

BuNo and Modex should be correct for this squadron, but I couln't find a complete listing from one source, so I had to combine all available sources.

Some highlights on this skinpack are:

- new Baseskin with highter resolution (2048x2048)

- new Decals for nearly everything :)

- special Decals for the CAG bird (Number x00)

- updated data.ini is included, which contains the working canopy (SHIFT+0) and landing light (thanks to Wrench).

Installation

============

1. unzip to a temporary folder

2. copy 'Objects'-folder from the zip to your mods 'Objects'-folder, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes'.

3. enjoy!

Credits

=======

- Thirdwire and TK for a great game, nice models, skins and some decals I used as pattern

- ZScout370, wikimedia - USAF Insignia

- Wrench, updated data.ini

Thanks

======

- Soulfreak, for your decalpattern, which was a BIG help to improve the baseskin and fill it with "life"!

- Blowhard, for the weathering-tutorial at http://www.eaf51.org/Photoshop/Tutorial/Basic_Weathering.htm

- Wrench (also for help with flap-decals), ikon71, Stratos, CrazyhorseB34, cocas and EricJ for your help with the color-issues

- Sundowner (F-105D template) as inspiration on how to handle certain things in a template, as it was the first one, I created

- all modders at CombatAce for their work and inspiration!

P.S.

====

If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

Will be happy to make a screen shot of this beauty I would try to make justice to your hard work (as a Skinner I'm impress by the quality of your production) my hat off gent.

thanks guys! my holidays are over this week, so it will take a bit longer 'til the next one.

@Eole2: I absolutely liked your retro screenshots...like some lost photos from vietnam, back in the days. Would be great to see some more. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nyghtfall

View File SF2 TW A-4C+L Skyhawk layered Templates (4096x4096)
      TW A-4C+L Skyhawk layered Templates v1.0
      ============================================
      This is "my precious" - layered templates for TW's A-4C+L Skyhawks. These are also the replacement for the older templates I once released.
      These can be used to create Skins for Thirdwires A-4C, C_65 and L Skyhawks.
      Included is the standard USN/USMC Gray/White camo with up to 5 patterns (depending on part).
      Most markings come in several variations and/or colors.
      With the help of mue's great LODViewer I included UVMaps for the planes.

Notes & Issues
      --------------
      - layergroups are reduced to just one level, so other software may be used without major problems from this PS-feature (though I did not test this in GIMP, etc.)
      - I removed all layer masks, as I was told, work with them is difficult or not really known

Credits & Thanks
      ----------------
      Thirdwire + TK for the Skyhawk-models and a great game
      mue for his great LODViewer
      everyone that helped me active or passive in the process of learning to create skins/templates.
      If I forgot someone, contact me please! Also if you have problems or advices for improvements feel free to contact me.
      A final wish: If you like this template so much, that you create and release skins from it, feel free to give proper credit...

Have fun,
      Over&Out
      Nyghtfall

17_06_2018

Submitter Nyghtfall Submitted 06/17/2018 Category Skin Templates  
    • By Nyghtfall
      TW A-4C+L Skyhawk layered Templates v1.0
      ============================================
      This is "my precious" - layered templates for TW's A-4C+L Skyhawks. These are also the replacement for the older templates I once released.
      These can be used to create Skins for Thirdwires A-4C, C_65 and L Skyhawks.
      Included is the standard USN/USMC Gray/White camo with up to 5 patterns (depending on part).
      Most markings come in several variations and/or colors.
      With the help of mue's great LODViewer I included UVMaps for the planes.

Notes & Issues
      --------------
      - layergroups are reduced to just one level, so other software may be used without major problems from this PS-feature (though I did not test this in GIMP, etc.)
      - I removed all layer masks, as I was told, work with them is difficult or not really known

Credits & Thanks
      ----------------
      Thirdwire + TK for the Skyhawk-models and a great game
      mue for his great LODViewer
      everyone that helped me active or passive in the process of learning to create skins/templates.
      If I forgot someone, contact me please! Also if you have problems or advices for improvements feel free to contact me.
      A final wish: If you like this template so much, that you create and release skins from it, feel free to give proper credit...

Have fun,
      Over&Out
      Nyghtfall

17_06_2018

• By Spinners

View File McDonnell Douglas A-4E Skyhawk 'Greece'
      McDonnell Douglas A-4E Skyhawk, Hellenic Air Force for STRIKE FIGHTERS 1
      This is a simple mod of the Third Wire A-4E Skyhawk to create a fictional A-4E in service with the Hellenic Air Force during the 1967 to 1991 timeline. It should work with any Series One game with the A-4E LOD's and 'What If' markings are included for 330 Mira in an 'as delivered' USN scheme and also 339 Mira and 340 Mira in wrap-around camo schemes made by me using the template uploaded by BUFF.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the A-4E_HAF folder into your Aircraft folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Thanks to TK for a great little game/sim.
      Thanks to BUFF for uploading the A-4E template from which I've used the lines and rivets layer.
      And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 10/06/18
      Submitter Spinners Submitted 06/10/2018 Category Fictional Aircraft, Experimental and UAV's  
    • By Spinners
      McDonnell Douglas A-4E Skyhawk, Hellenic Air Force for STRIKE FIGHTERS 1
      This is a simple mod of the Third Wire A-4E Skyhawk to create a fictional A-4E in service with the Hellenic Air Force during the 1967 to 1991 timeline. It should work with any Series One game with the A-4E LOD's and 'What If' markings are included for 330 Mira in an 'as delivered' USN scheme and also 339 Mira and 340 Mira in wrap-around camo schemes made by me using the template uploaded by BUFF.

INSTRUCTIONS
      1. From the AIRCRAFT folder drag and drop the A-4E_HAF folder into your Aircraft folder.
      That's it!

CREDITS
      Thanks to TK for a great little game/sim.
      Thanks to BUFF for uploading the A-4E template from which I've used the lines and rivets layer.
      And thanks to everyone in the wider Third Wire community.
      Regards
      Spinners
      Version 1 - 10/06/18
    • By Nyghtfall

View File Kuwaiti Skyhawks - A-4KU/TA-4KU for SF2
      Kuwait Scooters - A-4KU/TA-4KU for SF2 - v1.0
      ==================================================
      *** any SF2I that has the KfirC1_77 for the cockpit and DLC005 required for the A-4K model ***
      This mods represents the A-4KU and TA-4KU Skyhawks used by Kuwait between 1977 and 1992.
      In the 1970s Kuwait purchased 36 Skyhawks (30 single-seater + 6 two-seater). These planes were based upon A-4M, that were delivered to the USMC at that time. So they got the same engine, the larger canopy, the brakechute and the squared off fintip. Equipment needed to deliver nuclear weapons, aswell as Shrike- and Walleye were deleted. The TA-4KU were unique in having the same engine as the single-seater, aswell as the avionics hump. Apart from some aerials their appearance is similar to that of the OA-4M.
      When Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990, many of the pilots flew with their planes to Saudi Arabia. They were included in the Royal Saudi Air Force and flew 1361 sorties with the loss of only 1 plane.
      With the end of the Gulf War they were placed in storage and replaced by F/A-18 Hornets. After failed attempts to sell the surviving 23 planes to Bosnia and the Phillipines, they were finally sold to Brazil in 1997 to serve aboard the Aircraft Carrier Minas Gerais as AF-1 and AF-1A.
      Infos
      =====
      - cockpit used is the modified KfirC1_77 cockpit, that is already used for my A-4M-mod. I only made small modifications to fit it the A-4KU.
      - Pilotmodel is a stand-in, until someone comes up with a Kuwaiti Pilot :)
      - Fakepilot-stuff like hump and the antennas are made with MUEs new Blender-exporter - as I already said and always will: Thank you, great job, mue!
      - Skin resolution is 4096x4096
      - Skins are set up for "No9SQN" as I only found the general info, that planes were used by "No. 9 and No. 25 squadrons" and both squadrons didn't
          use any special markings it seems.
      Sources
      =======
      - Scooter! The Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Story, Crécy 2011
      - A-4 Skyhawk Association, http://a4skyhawk.org/
      - Airliners.net
      - Joe Baughers Site
      - Google in general
      Installation
      ============
      1. unzip to a temporary folder
      2. open "Put_Content_In_Your_MOD_Folder" and do as you were told, if asked to overwrite, say 'yes' :P
      3. enjoy!
      If the Squadron is missing in the loadout screen, you should add the following lines in the squadronlist.ini ("<mod>\pilotdata"-folder) with XXX changed to the next free numbers:
      [SquadronXXX]
      Name=Kuwait_No9SQN
      DisplayName=No. 9 Squadron
      Nation=Kuwait

Credits
      =======
      - Thirdwire and TK for a great game, models and the cockpit-parts I used.
      - Fracture - TA-4 model
      - Alejandro - Escapac seat
      - FastCargo - FakePilot
      - Sounds - ???
      - dtmdragons - A-4KU-update-pack, this is loosly based on
      - myself - all other work, including 3D-models (tanks, pylons, addons)

Thanks
      ======
      - Crusader for valuable information regarding weaponsstations-arrangement, I found in the forum.
      - mue for his great LODViewer and Blender-Exporter, which made this possible!
      - cocas for help learning 3D-stuff!

P.S.
      ====
      If you have any problems with this skin or have suggestions and hints, feel free to PM me.

Disclaimer
      ==========
      This mod or parts of it may not be used for payware of any kind. Also if you use something, give proper credit.

18_03_2018
      Submitter Nyghtfall Submitted 03/18/2018 Category A-4  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..