EricJ's Paint and Body Shop

More work:

wip141.jpg

wip142.jpg

More work:

wip143.jpg

wip144.jpg

wip145.jpg

Spent the last couple hours or one getting the wing stripes aligned.  Too bad you can't remove the pylons but the US NAVY still shows through pretty good:

wip146.jpg

wip147.jpg

And I'll get back to the nose as the ends look a bit short.

Looking damn good!

Thanks!  Its starting to look very sexy....

Found a more recent pic of the BA Hornet and have to add some things like the little Hornet as well as extend the front "stingers" from the canopy as well as some stuff on the LERX but she's looking good so far:

wip148.jpg

wip149.jpg

Some tweaking and some additions:

wip150.jpg

Getting the number in (1) and of course will do 1-6 (yes I know it's AI stuff but with that "Fly everything mod" you can at least practice until the real thing shows up... eventually.

wip151.jpg

And the best I can do with the namesake image:

wip152.jpg

Resized the numbers (was a bit too big after looking at it again):

wip154.jpg

Okay got 1-6 done, time for the pilot and they'll be ready to go.  After this (unless A3 Tools starts to work again) an "Assymetric" scheme that from references says it was part of the JAWS program, so another A-10A to go back to.

Given that I'm modding a combat flight suit as opposed to a show version this is pretty much I can do unfortunately... finding little to go over though:

wip158.jpg

However I did brighten up the uniform a bit:

wip159.jpg

• Like 1

Okay I'm not finding much else to do, I wanted to make the helmets yellow but I'm just not in the mood to mess with it yet.  Down the road I'll probably tweak it but for now? Yeah I'll upload it.

eric...I cant find how to load skins on the model in modelviewer?

Edited by russouk2004

Click on View\Dialogs\Show Liveries Dialog

That opens that interface up, the aircraft is on the left, the skin (by folder name, not skin name) is on the right.  It should be noted you can apply the skin regardless of the aircraft but naturally it'll look jacked up but the A-10s work regardless with each other.

Haven't forgotten, just been tied up with some A3 work.  After I get that finished going to switch up the mix and do that JAWS scheme with the different color (grey instead of the tan base color) next.

After a few days of doing modding for other people, I decided to get that Grey JAWS skin done, which starting forced me to relook at the one I did previously:

wip160.jpg

Since all i need to change the overlay color and thin out the color a bit it shouldn't be too hard, but first I'm going to redo the splotches on the original texture and upload that, and get the grey version done as well.

• Like 1

wip161.jpg

Current progress

And redone, looking much better:

wip163.jpg

wip164.jpg

Basic start, have to redo the canopy area and change the serial number to 75-260 if my reference shots are right.

Grey one will be interesting for sure. 

So far it looks like crap even though the colors are right.  I'd lighten it up but then it'd be wrong so.... yeah :smile:

Go dark grey like the new F-16 colors then use lighter spots?

Erm.... this is actually the correct colors according to Don Color so it just looks odd rather than the reference (live aircraft) shots, so I think I'll have to roll with it, or maybe add a white layer (to get the spots as well) to get the effect.  Even though naturally the shots were taken during the daytime at Nellis so the intense sun just washed the grey a bit.  But again I need to take her out of ModelViewer and take it in the simulation and see how it goes.

• Like 1