Can someone please remind me where to aim in order to destroy runways.  I seem to

remember it was the bit  of runway right near the control tower but for some reason I

can't ever destroy it no matter how many 1000lb bombs I drop.

Thanks in advance...

The easiest technique is to fly down the length of the runway. That way, you only have to line up, and release at an approximate time. This also looks great if you do it down low, at night, with Snake Eyes, in an F-111 or A-6.

Yes, this is what I do too, though I have read that a small angle 10-20 degrees was often used

The small angle was used to both make sure that bombs hit (because there was still an error) and also to make sure the runway was truly unusable.  A single crater or even a row of craters on one side can potentially leave a runway useable on the other side.

Edited by Milktrout

i usually just run the length of the runway and have a full load of Mark 82s and just string them the whole length of the runway and I always kill it

Unless I let my wingman bomb it, then I just carry CBU or Rockeyes and kill aircraft on the tarmack and blow up the hangers, arming pits, excetera

You mean : take an A7, load it with 24 500 lbs bombs : yes, I do this too sometimes :)