Sign in to follow this  
Dave

DCS World 2 Hands On

http://www.mudspike.com/exclusive-dcs-world-2-hands-on/

…so WHEN already!?

No one is more motivated to release Nevada than the folks who have to take the brunt of this community’s impatience, but the product is simply not quite ready for release. The remaining issues aren’t insurmountable – just normal software development and integration issues that always take more time than planned – but they mean we won’t see DCS World 2.0 by next week. This month? Probably not. This quarter? Possibly. This year? Most likely.

Matt verified some information to help with misconceptions/rumors:

When it does come, DCS World 2.0 will be released as alpha with the updated graphics engine as the same free-to-fly simulation that it has always been. Folks will not need to buy DCS World 2.0.
All the official modules that folks already have will be compatible with DCS World 2.0. There will not be a separate DCS World 2.0 version of modules that have to be purchased separately to stay current. Any required updates will be freely downloaded/installed (currently handled automatically by the DCS Updater).
The Nevada terrain will be pre-released as alpha to folks who bought DCS: A-10C while it was in beta, and to folks who decide to buy-in once the pre-release is made available.
As with other DCS modules, feedback from users will be used to drive the free updates we’ve been getting from Eagle Dynamics.
No official word on pricing.

• Like 1

I hope to see it soon, before summer in fact. Maybe around April or early May.

Well I love the fact that Epstein got in his car and went and saw Matt. I am dying to get my hands on this. 

Yeah it does help, I'd still buy NTTR just so I can fly somewhere else other than the Black Sea Region.