Don't know if i'm in the right topic...

Have some sort of problem wih an aircraft tonight.. I can't fly the A-1 skyraider anymore (campaign or single mission). I took a look at the A-1H.ini and so on and i have these lines :

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=A-1H Skyraider
AircraftShortName=A-1
AircraftDataFile=A-1H_data.ini
LoadoutFile=A-1H_loadout.ini
UserList=A-1H_UserList.ini

I know from a ''clear'' ini i should have :

[AircraftData]
AircraftFullName=A-1H Skyraider
AircraftShortName=A-1
AircraftDataFile=A-1H_data.ini
LoadoutFile=A-1H_loadout.ini
UserList=A-1H_UserList.ini
CockpitDataFile=A1_COCKPIT.INI
LoadoutImage=A-1H_LOADOUT.BMP
LoadingScreen=A1USN_Loading.jpg
HangarScreen=A1H_Hangar.jpg
AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll
AvionicsDataFilename=A1_avionics.ini

So, usually and just copy and paste and i'm back in business, except that now it is not working. I copy/paste the lines then save. Get back in the game, aircraft is nowhere.. get back at desktop and have a look at he ini file and... all the added lines are gone...

Anybody have an idea what is wrong there?

The problem only occurs with the A-1H / A-1H_67 / A-1J and A-1J_67...

In your first version the lack of the CockpitDataFile= line is crucial - without it the aircraft will not be player-flyable.

Your second version looks OK, but you will need to have the stipulated file A1_cockpit.INI in that same folder, plus the required Cockpit sub-folder with all the cockpit files.

it's a well know fault of the game engine itself.

The A-1, like all the Red Air ™ birds (and all the Zippers, too..), are by default AI controlled ONLY. Every so often, at completely random intervals, the Game Engine ™ will automatically rewrite ALL the main inis of AI-onlys made player flyable.

There are 2 alternatives:

A) Keep a copy of my patent-pending "one click restore" main ini INSIDE the main aircraft folder. Then, just do the "save as..." and it'll return to flyable (or do the copy/paste thing)

B) Add all the lines to make it flyable, making sure any and ALL add-on skins are already added and listed!, as the next step will lock it ...

Right click the ini, ---> Properties ... make "read only".

That will prevent the Game Engine ™ from automatically overwriting it.

Once again Wrench, i learned something from you :)

I tried the ''B'' plan by copying my inis that i know were okay ( i keep a copy of my AI made flyable aircraft because i hated when the engine compromise my work). But i now added the ''read only'' feature on my files and it is now working back!

Once again, i salute you sir!

Edited by 1977Frenchie

:hi:

not a problem! it's always good when someone actually answers the question, not just tells you what you already know, and have done.

in truth, the 'read only' trick is not my discovery; I don't remember if it was Paulo or Ravenclaws!

Works on all the AIs made flyable (all my MiGs, Sus, and 104s are done that way, too