Wrench

SF2 USAF 1950s & Later C-47 Skytrain Skin Pack

SF2 USAF 1950s & Later C-47 Skytrain Skin Pack

SF2 USAF 1950s & Later C-47 Skytrain Skin Pack 6/10/2015

= For SF2 (Full 5 Merged RECCOMENDED, PLUS SF2I EXPANSION SET 1 ) =

**You =MUST= have SF2 Expansion Pack 1 to have access to the stock 3W C-47!!!**

Reskins of the stock 3W C-47 skytrain, representing USAF aircraft of the 1950s, and from the mid-50s thru the 1970s.
This package contains 2 skins (names reflect the actual folder names. Displayed names may/will be different):

USAF Arctic 1:

(displays as same)
As based at Elmendorf AFB, Alaska, and seen in many "points North". The aircraft carries the standard Alaska Air Command early 50s style of red tail and outer wings; and also has the Air Rescue Service yellow band and fuselage placard, with the AAC badge on the tail. Research has indicated either the 17th or 54th Troop Carrier Squadrons (which were based at Elmendorf in the early 1950s). This skin is also representative of the Skytrain as seen in the movie "The Thing from Another World (1951)". That aircraft is represented, including it's nose art. See Notes for more details on "Tropical Tilly".

USAF NM 2:

(displays as USAF NM/White (Late) )
This skin uses the SF2 date switch, and will turn on in 1955.
Standard post-1955, natural metal with heat refelctive white painted upper cabin (fuselage). Carries no unit or numbered AF badges, not even the MATS badge. Serial numbers carry the "0" (zero) prefix, designating aircraft 10 or more years of age.

All markings are decals, and decal randomization is TRUE. While serial numbers are correct for the aircraft depicted, they should be considered 'generic' in nature, as they represent no specific aircraft or unit. 18 serial number decals are provided for each aircraft. Skins remain in bmp format (I was lazy!)
Also included are the cockpit (for those that haven't made it flyable yet) updated/revamped data, avionics, userlist inis, plus pilot figures and engine sound. I've also given you my (patent-pending) "One Click Restore" main ini. There are no hangar or loading screens for either of these 2 skins (I lied -- there's one. You'll see it!).

As always, unzip this to a temp folder or your desktop, and you'll have access to the rest of the readme for the install instructions.

Happy Landings!
Wrench
Kevin Stein

"and keep watching the skies!!!"

Nice , I really like the high-viz arctic