Sign in to follow this  
yakarov79

RA-5C Vigilante Over Vietnam

RA-5C Vigilante Over Vietnam

This is simple skin pack for RA-5C Vigilante over Vietnam.
RA-5C and RVAH squadrons deployed 33 times in SEA during Vietnam War.
But in this pack you have one painting for every year of service during Vietnam War. Diferent units. Some wil apear twice like RVAH-11 and 12. As extra for 1966 there are two skins. So everything is 12 skin sets.
Actualy there is not much of skin differences here. Most work is in the decals section.

Pack includes:

1965 RVAH-13 USS Kitty Hawk
1966 RVAH-6 USS COnstellation *
1967 RVAH-12 USS Constellation
1968 RVAH-11 USS KItty Hawk
1969 RVAH-9 USS Ranger
1970 RVAH-1 USS Ranger
1971 RVAH-11 USS Constellation
1972 RVAH-7 USS Kitty Hawk
1973 RVAH-5 USS Ranger
1974 RVAH-5 USS Constellation
1975 RVAH-12 USS Enterprise

* Here are two paint schemes for one year. First works from January to June second July - December of 1966.
At the beginig all 6 aircrafts of unit were paintet in experimental camo. Later they chenged to original grey over white paint scheme. So here in single mission pack green camo will apear only unitl end of June 1966 and then standard grey/white camo for RVAH-6.

All serial numbers are historicaly correct and matched with modex number. (Hope)
If I was not sure or have no information about number/modex it is marked on number.lst file.
During service many RA-5C were lost. My tailnumbers mostly are original unit deployment before any replacemnt was done.

All skins are original from Julhem exelent RA-5C Vigilante V3.0.
I just resized skins and converted them into jpgs. Also I repainted some areas near cockpit. (new rescue arrows,danger triangles etc. and some stenciling)
All decals are my work exept tail template for RVAH-5 (NE and red arrow on tailfin - this comes form original Julhelm pack)
As always I was trying to put reference photos of real aircrafts. It is inside of each skin folder.

RVAH-6 green camo is my "repaint" of original skin thanks to Julhelms templates.

Unit badges are painted on skin. But there are also disabled decal.tga included in decals folder.

Enjoy and report bugs.
Jarek Hereda

EXTRAS.

I made strobe pod for RA-5C. with experimental flash/strobe effect. Not satissfied full about but it is uploaded. It works as RP so you got only 64 strobe shots.
Effect should be fixed so it will be just quick instant shot.
I was thinkin about creating new proper 400gal fuel tanks for A-5/RA-5. But maybe next time.

RA-5C tailcone. - Via fake pilot I've added tailcone. So no need to load/unload empty fuel pack. It will always apear on aircraft. I like it this way.

Added Aircraft Data.ini file with correct lines for adding strobe pod and fake pilot tailcone.
If you don't like it - do not use it.
Fixed chaff/flare positions.

thanks to Julhelm for templates and RA-5C model.

Reference:
RVAHNAVY.com
Aerophax MInigraph 09 North American Rockwell A3J A-5 Vigilante
Naval Figters 64 North American A-5A RA-5C Vigilante
Osprey Combat Aircraft RA-5C Vigilante Units in Combat
markstyling.com
a5vigilante.netii.net
rvahnavy.ning.com
gonavy.jp
and many more that I dont remember at the moment.

• Like 6

Cool! Didn't know the Navy fielded anything other than the F-4G in experimental camo during the war.