I have downloaded a number of files from this site, and have had difficulty getting some of them installed. Example: I downloaded the weapons pacckages (including the nuke) but do not know if they are functioning (I know the nuke has not been available as of yet, even in single mission settings).

The aircraft carriers (that tend to show up more often than tankers) tend to "run aground" and just keep on trucken (typically towards an enemy airfield).

any and all assistance regarding these difficulties would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.. will probably be posting questions again soon.. LOL

respectfully,

Oengus

Hi,

You need to be more specific about your problems.

We need to know your patch status, which particular carriers you have installed , are these in single missions or missions that you are making etc.

I must admit that I've never tried to install/use the nukes so I'll leave that for someone like fubar_512

btw a good Gaelic name there but I'm trying to work out what it means - bear is throwing me (Angus the big/great ?) ?

Nukes are not available on many aircraft.

I'd look for the FB-111A "Switchblade" in the download area and give that a flight test.

There are INI files that can be tweaked, but this gets a little tricky.

When it comes to the carriers, the patched version number is, as Buff stated, very helpful...

Nukes are not available on many aircraft.

I'd look for the FB-111A "Switchblade" in the download area and give that a flight test.

There are INI files that can be tweaked, but this gets a little tricky.

When it comes to the carriers, the patched version number is, as Buff stated, very helpful...

Okay... I have the jewel case version of Project: 1. But have downloaded/installed service packs 2, 3, 3.1 (the newest one from Third Wire). The carrier is CV-41 (I cannot recall the name though). Since SP 3.1 I have not seen the carriers run aground.

I have also noticed that a number of aircraft I have downloaded from here are ".RAR" files, and I cannot seem to get them to run like others (the planes do not even get listed as options, even in single missions).

Regarding the nukes, I have only tried using them in single missions, but they are not listed as weapons options for any craft I have used. Thought that a B-52 would be able to, but I have the same problem as with other aircraft.

With regards to the .RAR files, am I putting them in the wrong folder (objecs/aircraft), or do I need to download something I have missed?

Y'alls help is greatly appreciated.

(the name is actuallu "Oengus An Bear Mor MacAnluain".. translates as Oengus the Great BEar, Son of Anluain". It is my registered S.C.A. name.

Respectfully,

Oengus

I have also noticed that a number of aircraft I have downloaded from here are ".RAR" files, and I cannot seem to get them to run like others (the planes do not even get listed as options, even in single missions).

.rar is a form of compression like.zip but superior.

You need to use something like WinRar to decompress them properly.

(the name is actuallu "Oengus An Bear Mor MacAnluain".. translates as Oengus the Great BEar, Son of Anluain". It is my registered S.C.A. name.

I thought that in Gaelic/Celtic bear was art/artos/artus etc. or math/mathuin/ mathghamhain etc.?

What you may need to do is pick an example plane for us, and we will try to replicate your problem. Most likely you will see how we do it.

In my case...Make ALL downloads to a single folder with a simple name...in my case.. D:\b or the folder "b" on the D drive.

Then unzip or unrar directly into that folder (at least rar does this auto), the extraction will create a subfolder... b\B-47E ... for the B-47E case.

Then copy the new folder to where you need it to go...and/or copy the contents of the new folder. Sometimes you must navigate deep inside the newly created folder to find the final subfolder you need to copy .... the file creators are assuming in this case that you will unzip directly to StrikeFighters basic game folder so they include all the StrikeFighters folders and subfolders and subsubfolders etc...

Perhaps most important, if you extract into non~game folder and copy what you need to the game folders, you will always have the unzipped (or unrarred) folders for backup if you need to start over from re~install, or make another install...and you will never have to unzip (or unrar) again.