Sign in to follow this  
SilverDragon

DCS: L-39C/ZA Albatros

L-39 Albatros available to prepurchase:

L-39-DVD-cover_700x1000px.png

The Fighter Collection with Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: L-39 Albatros is available for pre-purchase from the DCS e-shop
DCS: L-39 will sell for $49.99 at September 2015. Pre-purchase now for $39.99 and save 20%!

DCS: L-39 Albatros

The L-39 Albatros is a low-wing, high-performance jet aircraft that doubles as a trainer and light attack aircraft. The Albatros was developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1960s to replace older L-29 jet trainers. Powered by an Ivchenko AI-25TL turbofan engine, the L-39 has a top speed of Mach 0.80, a service ceiling of 11,000 m (36,100 feet), and can pull up to 8 G. Although primarily used as a trainer and light attack aircraft, the L-39 has also become popular with several aerial acrobatics demonstration teams.

Being a trainer aircraft, the L-39C has a tandem cockpit with the student in front and the instructor in the back. The instructor has several controls to mimic system failures to test the student. The L-39C also has two underwing pylons for bombs, rockets and close range air-to- air missiles. For decades, the L-39 was used by nations around the world to train pilots that later went on to fly aircraft like the MiG-29 and Su-27.

Key Features of the DCS: L-39 Albatros:

Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary trainer
Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
Fully modelled weapon system
Accurate L-39C model with correct country markings
Detailed modelling of the L-39 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical and hydraulic systems
Fly from either the front seat or back seat
Planned cooperative multiplayer in the same aircraft (not available at release)

When it comes on Steam I'll probably get it for sport flying.

• Like 1

Wags confirm L-39 ZA Albatros (Light attack version) comming after open beta on september.

More info on the Sunday Stream.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2438151&postcount=40

The L-39ZA will be part of the DCS: L-39 Albatros module, but it will probably not be included in the initial open beta release.

Another point: The Albatros module will be released as an open beta in September 2015 along with DCS World 1.5.0. This version will use the new rendering engine, but only include the Black Sea map.

I will discuss this more on the next stream.

Edited by SilverDragon
  • Like 2

I will be getting this for sure. 

I pre-ordered as soon as I saw the news this afternoon. This is a jet I see flying around Kissimmee almost every day at work (as well as T-6 Texans and P-51Ds). It will be a pleasure to fly a DCS level version in the sim knowing that one day I could pay to actually get some stick time on one.