Sign in to follow this  

Go to nato fighters column5 download the F-22 there and the Harrier AV-8 plus,, discard that yucky pit from the F-22 and replace it with the Harrier's go to my thread Buffy goes to school read that,, and put in the laser designantor then in the bottom of the F-22 DATA.ini,,in the weapons bay type LGB you get 6, 012paveways,, and the little green tv works so you can see your handy work.

PS,,,, this is for SFP-1

Edited by yubba

Don't throw away the pit from the F-22 you'll need to copy the pit position from the cockpit config file;

how about,

F-15E Strike Eagle Cockpit ?

how about,

F-15E Strike Eagle Cockpit ?

yeah,, I would imagine it will work as long you go add the stuff I outlined in Buffy goes to school,, I think the f-18G growler might be more suitiable,, I just downloaded it and took it for a test drive it has a bigger tv . I go fly now I want to see if I got the F-22 right in the burning sands campaign and check out the F-18G I finally figured out the carrier problem in burning sands 83 got the Nimitz and the Harry in there,,, the secret is at the bottom of the campaign data.ini the zulu station isn't mapped correctly so change the station of carrier plane campaign to bravo station in the campaign data file,, bare in mine two carriers can not occupy the same station

Edited by yubba

You are not using Julhelm's F-22 cockpit? It is in the SF2 section but I would think you should be able back fit it to SF1.

Didn't know it existed I'll give it a try,, like I said fixing the Bone a little team work goes a long way,, with me thinking outside of the box and you guys finding parts we got a nice set of planes,, now if we can get the helo's straigthened out I'd be a happy camper.. The Mi-35 is working fine I put a first Gen Harrier pit in it so it has a thrust vector gauge to make it easier to fly and I fixed the non spinning main rotor problem it was the rotor radius in the Data.ini was set at 17.????? I just put it to 0.???

also fixed sidewinder bay,,, bay opens when you fire,, open DATA.ini scroll down to weapon bays to automatic doors change from False to True not much to see in external view you suppose to be in the cockpit in a dogfight.

This is really interesting to me. Are you saying that if you put an automatic doors notation in a Weapons Bay in the DAT.ini of an aircraft like the F-22 or F-117, then you can get the bay opening when you fire a missile?

I noticed the F-35 has auto bay-opening, but not the F-22 or F-117, and I wondered if it was really difficult to make this happen, since you'd think that the geniuses who made the aircraft models would have already done this if it was possible.

In fact, I thought that in the F-22 readme the author said he wasn't able to do an auto weapons bay.

Two questions:

1.does the door shut after the missile is gone?

2. Are we really talking about SF1?

Never mind. Instead of sitting here typing, I'll just go and do it.

Gosh you are correct.

The F-22 now fires missiles without you having to open the bay doors.

I did a test, viewing from the outside, and the missiles fire off the rails, without you having to open the doors. However the doors do not animate open, they remain closed. But then it's no biggie, because who flies from an outside view?

Perhaps the animation could be made to work by giving different values for open/shut durations and missile activation duration.

Something I may pursue

The auto bay notation was actually in the F-22 data.in, but it had been negated with ///, and also altered to FALSE.

Maybe the author was concerned that with auto bays, they just didn't visually open???

Thanks for your original post, Yubba.

thought it pretty unrealistic to have to open weapons bays in a dogfight though I thought we'd be able to carry sparrows but I don't fly it much,, though,,I would like to know how to remove the windsheild frame and mirrors from the cockpit I'm using the f-18 growler pit

Edited by yubba

I don't fly cockpits any more, I fly with HUD only. I use a font size 20 and scale everything up so the HUD fills at least half the screen. At the bottom centre, I have a large repeater radar.

That gets rid of the mirrors and all the other stuff that stops you seeing what's going on outside. One big bonus is that when you come in to land, you can actually see the flight path marker on the runway.

I like the coziness of the full cockpit espeically on the heavies ,, gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling ,, now that I went to a bigger screen it knocked the hell out of my frame rate and I sorta like my mirrors wish there was a way to turn them on and off in game

Flight model is a bit iffy, isn't it?

It doesn't have much lift on take-off, so you're beyond 200 Kts before you're wheels off, and that's a bit late for lifting flaps.

After that, it's fine, and it lands well.

Got any tips, or do you have a better flight model?

Flight model is a bit iffy, isn't it?

It doesn't have much lift on take-off, so you're beyond 200 Kts before you're wheels off, and that's a bit late for lifting flaps.

After that, it's fine, and it lands well.

Got any tips, or do you have a better flight model?

that's a little out of my league my freind,, I think I heard that you could go in data ini and edit the flight model ,,, I sorta jump ship and I'm monkeying with Falcon 4 for the time being