Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

Cryptowall Ransomeware

CryptoWall Ransomware   <BEWARE OF THIS

BEWARE what you Download and where...

More Information about the CryptoWall Ransomware can be found here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/cryptowall-ransomware-information

It silently encrypts all or most of your files....and only wasy to unlock them is to pay a ransome...usually in bitcoins and its expensive....I have been hit ,but luckily managed to save my stuff I needed ,most of it was untouched,by using a programme called Shadow explorer,which basically copies shadows of the files from the day before you got hit,only thing is if you have windows restore disabled you are basically screwed...

B E W A R E....you can I think use windows restore to save stuff too.

Im now using old lappy to dl stuff.I think may be at risk...

Edited by russouk2004

Really disturbing... without wanting to be the troublemaker in asking you again, what was the way of contamination by the pdfs? I mean, in Zip, or any others ? Some are victims of attack by spams, others talk about Java Script updates.

apparently it is embedded in rars aswell as hidden attachments....

Thank you for details russouk.

Now let's save without constant connection... most annoying is to see that the guys laying these malwares next become creators of antivirus then (and knowing all their weaknesses).

My company has been hit with a network version--it only encrypts files on shared drives, not local--a couple of times now. Real pain restoring files from backups.