Sign in to follow this  
russouk2004

3ds max and windows 10

im getting this shit....any ideas?   3ds max 2009 32 bit....

view port screws up and anything else opens behind it....goes when max shuts down

post-1981-0-50322600-1439675768_thumb.jpg

I like win 10,so going to add a second ssd and dual boot...or rather use a dock to allow me to mod on win 7

its 3ds max compatability I think as it goes when max shuts down...or maybe a driver issue   saying that ...same catalyst drivers so...dunno

theres this vid but i am not 100 percent sure what hes doing as its russian...I think he sends copy of exe to desktop and uses a copy to rum max...dunno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnUZ3cmOy8c

Edited by russouk2004

32bit exe does that stuff for me too on win 8.1   on 10 i haven't tried. But generally  I use the x64 for editing, then pass on to the 32bit exe for exporting with the plugin

ive made partition on ssd and dual boot a stripped win 7 for stuff win 10 dont like...

"Use cached D3DXmeshes" in Max9 driver config is off by chance? same with "Use triangle strips"? But apart from that looks more like driver vs W10 issue

no idea but ive a work around which fixes it based on the vid

1, make copy of the max.exe.   send shortcut to desktop

2,run the copy exe.

3,as max2009  max opens,right click max shortcut,on In Target  window you will see the path to max 2009  remove all the text (see right)after the  forwards slash....as max 2009 opens delete the 3dsmax - Copy.exe bit then click cancel

4,restart max using the new short cut........

sorted.

Both are selected m8

Im wondering if the ati drivers for my mobo for win 10 cause it....they are beta iirc

Edited by russouk2004