yakarov79

AH-6F / MH-6E Six Guns & Little Birds

AH-6F / MH-6E Six Guns & Little Birds

Hughes AH-6F and MH-6E Ver 1.0 for SF2

This is a third party add on of the first LittleBird AH-6C using models and cockpits created by me.
The original flight model is standard as on many free to download helicopters.
I have just modified it a bit.
It is designed for and works only in SF2 series. It will not work in SF1 series.

This is freeware-donationware it CANNOT be distrubuted unless permissions are granted by myself.
The original readmes, if any, and all other pieces of the package MUST remain intact.
The names of all contributors, modders, suppliers, etc =MUST= be listed in any new readmes.
This package and any part of it may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware additions.
See the original readme documentation, if any, for further allowances and restrictions
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, contact me first.
Any persons wishing to make further modfications, MUST remember to put everyone's name in it.
Bribes and donations are accepted;

THIS AIRCRAFT MOD OR ANY PART OF IT MUST NOT BE HOSTED OR
POSTED FOR DOWNLOAD ON ANY OTHER WEB SITE WITHOUT MY EXPRESS
PERMISSION, OR USED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSE THAN THIRDWIRE FLIGHT
SIMULATORS, AND MUST NOT BE SOLD OR OFFERED FOR SALE BY ITSELF
OR WITH ANY OTHER FILES OR MODS.

Jarek Hereda

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******************IMPORTANT******************

This addon works only with my WeaponPACK (included). All of weapon stations are made as specific station code and will work only with this weapon pack. Of course you can edit and use any other weapons availalbe.

Standard commands:

LANDING GEAR - Nose light deploy/retract at any speed. Don't forget to retract before shooting on hard weapons settings)

ANIMATION 10 - Show/hide doors. If ever you will fly in cold enviroment and feel uncomfortable, you can fly with front doors instaled, It doesn't do anything. And will not help you. It's just for different look in winter.

ANIMATION 1 - 'NVG'

You can realy fly low and slow.
I am sugesting to fly low on 40-50% of throttle. around 45degree vector control, use pulse rudder to control left right, it is realy easy. With little practice you can even hoover. Without fake flaps and airbrakes.
Important here to control is using rudder and vector thrust control.
Fun is skiding between buildings in cities.

Fuel. Remeber it is small chopper. And it can carry only around 54 US Gals of fuel. I belive it is enough for around 2 hours of flight here maybe little more.

Cockpits.
Since photos of interior of this two early 160th SOAR birds are extremly rare and usualy low quality for now cockpits are just "guess" cockpits. Based on these low quality photos, some MD500D, Hughes 369D manuals, guessing.

AH-6F.
Based on MD500D series. 9 airframes aquired by 160thSOAR probably in 1984 since all airframes are build in 84. AH-6F still used old M27 subsytem with M134 minigun. And same mount as earlier AH-6C for 7 tube launcher.

Skins.
All serial numbers as far as I know are based on photos and US Army docs and are historicaly correct.

Weapons.
XM27 – M134 Minigun
M260 7 tube rocket launcher. First years of operation with mk40 rockets and later Mk66 rockets.

There is no gunsight for this helo. Acording to one of the pilots they were using "grease pencil mark on the windscreen, . And practicing shooting this way ". So here it is embeded to windshield. During night with 'nvg' it will glow a little.

MH-6E.
Special Forces insertion/extraction variant of MD369MD. Introduced in 1981. No weapons.

Skins.
All serial numbers as far as I know are based on photos and US Army docs and are historicaly correct.

Weapons:

Here you can load experimental beta version of specops.
Operator with M4 or M4/M203.
You have to land select "weapon" and deploy them on the ground and get away.
Remember this is beta. Lod model is "ehmm" and animations is just for try. I did not even finish skin. So do not expect fireworks.

There is also two weaponstations to carry M27 subsystem and M260 launcher. It is not to be used on MH-6E !!!
I added it here so player can pick AH-6C/F as wingman and have cover by wingman. Just fun in single mission.

MH-6E participated in Urgent Fury with AH-6C. It was not used in inital attack but used later for extraction wounded 82nd Airborne members to USS Guam.

Pilot by OldDiego poorly repainted by me.

Have fun.
Edit and report bugs.

Jarek Hereda.

• Like 1

Awesome!  Any chance of later model Little Birds like AH-6Js?

Or some of the bigger SOAR birds like MH-60Ls, MH-60Ks, or MH-47s?

Later models maybe later. But no promises. It's all about time.

But still MH-6H and AH-6G should be first in line.

As for bigger birds. Not now, not soon.