Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

GOODBYE FOR US NAVY BUCKEYE

Capture.JPG

FINAL GOODBYE FOR US NAVY BUCKEYE

After 56 years of service, it’s goodbye to the North American Rockwell T-2 Buckeye in US Navy service on Friday 25 September. The jet will undertake its final flight from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md.

The Buckeye was retired from training student pilots in 2008 already, being replaced by the Boeing T-45 Goshawk. A small number remained in service at Patuxent River as chase aircraft for aircraft and weapons testing. Two C-38 Courier business jets replace these jets.

The Buckeye first flew in 1958, with other customer being Greece and Venezuela. A total of 273 were built in the end.

• Like 1

Same as you phoenix.

I ever like this squat machine and its funny look, hope we will see this tadpole face in collectors hands.

My uncle trained in these girls...if he wants to share a pic i will post it here

I flew the T-2 (backseat) in VT-10 for quite a few flights.  Lots of fun and for a newbie - quite challenging at the time.