Sign in to follow this  
wiki

Carrier start goes wrong

Hy guys..
i need to fix this one, as this mess all the carriers operation in Yap rising sun missions and the same also happen with modern campaign
when i start the carrier mission from Yap rising sun phase 2, i always ended goes down to the water and boom explode
it's start a few feet in the air above the carrier deck and also there's a crew set-up with the planes parking in the carriers as well but they just don't stay with the moving carriers
hope someone can enlighten me
Many thanks ;)

here's the screenshots :

img00609_zpsrids156m.jpg

img00614_zpslunb79kb.jpg

img00611_zps5z4ysclz.jpg

img00613_zps7oapbdcy.jpg

img00608_zps2wymuqzk.jpg

img00617_zps8faukelg.jpg

img00618_zpsviowqje7.jpg:

Let me investigate the ships from the YAP Rising Sun 2 pack and then I will get back to you. Also I believe there are differences in the structure of SF1 and SF2 mission files so they may need editing to make them work properly in an SF2:NA based install.

Thanks Kjakker ! really appreciate your help !

they're missing the "collision lod statements" too. (and the collision lod itself -- and that's easy to make. clone the main lod, and rename it)

don't forget, they're designed for 1stGen, and DO need some tweeking

@wrench
thanks! but where should i put this collision.lod ? in aircraft folder or in ships folder?

Edited by wiki

wiki, the collision LOD is for the ships and goes in each ships individual folder.

Here is the folder for the YAP Oyodo scout/seaplane carrying light cruiser with collision LOD made from copying and renaming the "Oyodo_01a.LOD" file.

post-56847-0-74766800-1447692646.jpg

Once you do that you need to edit the data file to add the collision LOD entry make is work with SF2:NA.

Before                                                           After

post-56847-0-97846600-1447693079.jpg post-56847-0-28001000-1447692658.jpg

Something I am working on is a full data file overhaul of all YAP ships to SF2:NA standards, rebuilt data files only, as sharing anything else would be a violation of the user agreement for purchasing YAP models. Any YAP user you would want to try them feel free to PM me, it is still WIP at the moment but I do have data files for some of the ships.      

Edited by KJakker

Hi kjakker thanks for the detail but seems i still unable to make it work..okay please check ur pm :)

when i use mission editor, those doesn't recognise the fleet in mission and cannot select homebase, so i create new fleet and they all start correctly from the carrier deck but it's missing the original fleet in the mission which all gone when i made a new fleet including planes that involved in the mission