Sign in to follow this  
maverickvf142

Cockpit Indicator Light Help

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the AV-8B Plus from the SF2 downloads section and I noticed that it hasn't been updated in a while. The plane itself is great but I didn't really like the fact that the refueling probe was not mapped to an animation input but instead as the tailhook. I took some time to mess around with the data.ini and was able to get it mapped to an animation input, but the indicator light wouldn't turn on when the probe was deployed. I went to the cockpit.ini file and saw that the light was part of the arresting hook system and so I tried to do the external_animation_link system but to no avail. The light is now on regardless if the probe is deployed or not. Is there a quick and dirty fix to this such as just adding a few lines in the cockpit.ini file or is there more work? 

maverickvf142

Cockpit ini , Probe section

[Probe]
Type=EXTERNAL_ANIMATION_LINK
NodeName=ICP_PROBE
MovementType=LIGHT

ItemNumber=8

Thanks, Crusader! I added your lines to the cockpit.ini file and it now works great!

One question I have is what does itemnumber=xxx stand for? I saw that there were other itemnumbers in the file and thought that they corresponded to the numbers that the original creator gave to the panels in the cockpit and so I didn't dare mess with it. 

In the cockpit ini, the ItemNumber= refers to the AnimationID used in the data ini / aircraft lod animation

In the AV-8B+, the refuel probe is using #8

Hi there,

I am trying to find a way to turn on F-4E external fuel tank lights inside the cockpit. However, I have not been able to do that. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a lot. 

Which F4E, stock, 3rd party? 
Stock F4E-s have a tanks status light already included in the cockpit and its ini, so those work, these are set for the centerline station only.