Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

Support my request please. A F10 map we can write over it.

Maybe someone here will be interested in my request, so I post it here together with a link so If you're interested you can support the idea in this link:

Here it is:

My request is for a F10 view map we can write over it, just like a virtual paper map the player carry on the cockpit and can use to mark the features needed for the mission. The possibility to write over that map during mission building, pre mission and during the mission itself will be a amazing addition. Specially for helicopter and attack pilots, you will be able to draw over the map suspected enemy positions, SAM locations, mark objective areas, define killboxes, entry and exit corridors... So much info you can put with some lines, that I think it will be a different world. Imagine flying a mission on a A10, you can see on the map the killbox you have to patrol, then while flying you found a enemy group and you mark it on the map so you have located, on another location you find a SA9, so you mark it in a way is easier for you to avoid... On the excellent simulator Steel Beasts they have a perfect representation of what I'm requesting here, just take a look of some examples:

Map_zpsnlgyezqk.jpg

SS_17_00_57_zpsyhgx6fju.jpg

full-1799-38363-sbpropecm_2012_07_23_11_

objective-midway_zps6zecqj7e.jpg

Thanks.

• Like 1

How would we write on the map?

I like the idea though. 

You open the map on F10, select one of the tools like brush or pencil, and use the mouse to paint lines, arrows, frontlines... Use letters to write words, etc.

For a begining is good enough, Steel Beasts is capable of adding small NATO graphics for advances, delays, etc. But we better start small with the hability do paint by ourselves.

You got my vote!

A neat idea. If it worked in MP it would be awesome. Lead can annotate and all members of flight see it, or you can make all players on a side see it.

This has been in Arma for years, too, and it works fine in Arma 3 and earlier versions.