Sign in to follow this  
TROOPER117

6600GT help!

Hi guys,

got an nvidia 6600gt agp card a while back. Been using it on PF and I've no real gripes with it except for one thing.

I've got the game setup on perfect and it runs a treat apart from the fact that alot of the shadows in game are white not black!

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated!

Regards....Dave S.

Hi guys,

got an nvidia 6600gt agp card a while back. Been using it on PF and I've no real gripes with it except for one thing.

I've got the game setup on perfect and it runs a treat apart from the fact that alot of the shadows in game are white not black!

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated!

Regards....Dave S.

White shadows, or "ghosting", has been reported by a number of 6600 series owners in IL-2/PF, and appears to be driver-related, so the solution may be as simple as trying a different driver. Another 6600 user reported that ghosting occured only when he set the image sharpening slider too far to the right. Another solution, is to simply turn the shadows off in the conf.ini file.

What graphics settings are you using.

Don't use open GL,use Direct X in set up.

Nvidia based cards don't like Open GL.

Cheers Pete

What graphics settings are you using.

Don't use open GL,use Direct X in set up.

Nvidia based cards don't like Open GL.

Cheers Pete

Don't think perfect works in DirectX (not sure, but don't think so.). By the way I've got a 6800 OC Vanilla (16/6) and it runs PF great.

77.13 drivers here. XP2500 @ 2200 Mhz, 1 Gig PC3200 ram. Now if I could just get my new PSU to come in. X-Connect 500w on the way as the Antec SL430 I've got has a 5 volt rail headin south. Besides the 6800 says it requires 20 amps on the 12 volt rail and the antec only has 18. Graphic corruption only when I try to take it past 400/820 other wise it's been a dream.