Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

Japan X-2 Stealth demonstrator due for maiden flight

Next month, Japan is going to fly their latest fighter, and they’re hoping no one notices. Well, not no one exactly, but as with every stealth fighter, the goal is a visual spectacle and a tiny radar blip. In the works for years, the Mitsubishi Advanced Technology Demonstrator-X, now renamed the X-2, is designed to fit into Japan’s modernizing, staunchier military. Did we mention it’s stealthy?

http://fightersweep.com/3793/more-on-japans-stealth-fighter/

n-stealth-a-20160129-630x383.jpg

Edited by MigBuster

Apparently it's a sub scale tech demonstrator.

As I have seen it for the first time, i was not impressed, china seems to be far more ahead... 

Lets see how this will develop, still waiting forthe twoseater PAK FA

That's a proof of concept, not a prototype of an operational combat plane. It also has quite a few distinctly un-stealthy features that can't be a mistake.

They did the unveiling at Nagoya Aerospace Systems Works, less than an hour from where I live. (But I couldn't get in because I don't have a press pass...)

I really like the 3D TVC paddles. A similar design was also used on the X-31 and F-18 HARV super-maneuverability demonstrators. This tells us something about the capabilities they intend for the final product to have.