Im having trouble pinpointing my nape drops...you stated in an earlier thread to "best for practice, would be Armed Recon missions on The Range terrain"...can you point me to a level flight toutorial---I need to work out a formula to try to stick with---btw im using the Freedom Fighter5 for my training---Thanks for your help

What ive got so far is:

Alt 5000

5 miles out

400 knots

Pipper on till positive id, release

comments please

Edited by Tappedops

Just a quick thing Napalm/Firebombs are usually dropped a lot lower than 5000 feet if that helps any... just watch any vietnam/Iran Iraq war documentary youll see A-4's/F-4's screaming just above the tree tops when they release napalm canisters.  This is partially due to close proximity to friendly troops needing a more accurate delivery and also because napalm canisters usually tumble and from high altitudes the tumbling effect makes them very inaccurate.  In game whenever I drop napes Im always on the deck dropping them fairly close to the enemy troops/trucks etc if you watch your wingman drop napalm they ususally do the same thing low flat approach to target!  Hope this helps!

I'm not an ordanance guy. Sometimes, I'm lucky the stuff hits the ground...

there used to be a bombing tutorial at SimHQ, maybe still in their archives by Andy Bush -- the man knows his stuff.

Nice art Trotski...thanks...so im pretty close to having the F-4s approach perfect...and to explain my #s Spuds...500 to treetop level from 5 miles out at 400knots gives me a very flat traj while still keeping the pipper in the box (center-hud) all the way in to the ground...the visual is before I get to it, so that's my trigger...and its working well...Thanks for all your help Guys...my wingie thanks you also, lol...

correction... 5000 feet down to treetops from 5 miles out...which is usually doable---or in a pinch off a re-run---2500 from 2.5 miles out @400 knots would give the same AOD...