Geezer

CR42 Bombe Alari

Now that the Gladiators are out the door, I've circled back to the CR42.  Baffmeister has spent an enormous amount of time developing FMs for the CR42 and Gladiator, both as separate aircraft and together as a kind of "dogfight duo."  :biggrin:   

The goal was to simulate the historical record as closely as possible.  Recent research has revealed Gladiators shot down slightly more CR42s than CR42s shot down Gladiators.  The slight difference is attributed to better RAF gunnery training and use of radio to coordinate mid-air tactics.

Using Baff's latest files, I'm working on an upgrade to the 1940 version of the CR42 plus finishing the bombe alari (bomb wings) versions used later in WW2, but are outside the scope of my 1940 desert war project.  1943-45 night intruder shown below.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Cockpit shots of the night intruder in its element.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 5