EricJ

EricJ Release Thread

Armored SUV

RC5
- Tweaked config and PhysX settings
- Possibly removed error message for the model.cfg since it seems to be the same as the BIS model.cfg

Well after some testing, it seems that the UH-92s can pick up some vehicles (like the Offroad, and probably a few others) without issue, but the ones listed before still hold. I still don't know where to really ask, as I'm not sure if it's a config issue, or a model issue. Due to an unrelated issue the memory points of the UH-92 are the same as the MH-92 (Insertion), so it's not a messed up memory point that was causing the issue. Once I figure out what is causing it I'll fix it as best as possible.

Right now not much else on the horizon, still waiting for help with the artillery pieces, so I can get the Mortar Container and the M119A3 uploaded for use, and so on. I'm taking my time with the Armored SUV since I guess it's "okay" for users as they haven't said much about it, or nothing as of yet. I still have to figure on how to raise the chassis as so far it seems to be a low rider and using the same drive system as the Offroad. So more will be updated the more I figure out. I am thinking of doing a wheeled drone, which was sort of the point of the Armored SUV, to understand what to do with the car model and so on. But I have to come up with a solid design before I move forward wtih that.

Posted (edited)

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC74
- Fixed the TF 562 Engineer display name, displays correctly as "Engineer"
- Added default datalink capability to the MH-80 and MH-67, and AH-96
- Fixed a LOD issue with the AH-6J, at a certain distance the muzzleflash could be seen as active without the weapons firing
- Added a "alpha" Mortar Container. So far it can only fire HE rounds and has limited use. Only reason it's in this build is for the helos to be added so players can get their hands on them. Right now it's considered a WIP system, and should probably used by the AI for now.

- Added two "Open Door" helicopters. One MH-60M and one MH-92 per a request. So far due to animation reasons the helos can only have four outside in order to work properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/120t7rmujlRffCZoz74po0gk43fkZ2DqV/view?usp=sharing

Edited by EricJ

Well I got the Mortar Container working. I adjusted some things and voila! It works! Anyway I have to fix the 3D model so when it superelevates, it looks good and the like. So next update I'll have the Mortar Container uploaded. Probably soon though as I considered this a critical thing to upload anyway.

EricJ M119A3

RC2
- Now fires 19km

Well, it's quiet on the Baltimore front. Right now things are good, and I can't think of anything to do. I am trying to work on a UGV that is based on a US Army concept (I can't find the image to link and explain), with some creative liberties since apparently the Armored SUV is okay with people. As mentioned (I think I did), the adjustment of the front lights didn't do anything, and no brake lights given how it works. It has to be a separate mesh and I don't feel like doing bodywork on a vehicle that I am porting, so that's a feature, not a bug. Strike Fighters 2 work will commence probably next week so I can manage that as I got somebody to help me, which is good. On that note as far as the SA-2 and the hopefully MRZR comes through, I can work on them. ADuke thinks he can make it move like in the movie, and when he contacts me I may have him rig it (if doable) within the game code to do it. If not they'll be like my ducted fan birds, just static. The MRZR looks pretty cool and just want to have one running around. I do have RHS, but I don't like it requiring mods (like most of my stuff, it is intended to be standalone, so you don't need to download more stuff to make it work, and I'm just not a mod freak as I used to be) and the like, and just think it's a nifty little thing. But that's on the horizon for now, and as mentioned, I don't have anything for my current mods, so I'll take a break until somebody suggests something, or I come up with some nifty idea for a mod or enhancement, or tweak for my current mods.

In retrospect I totally forgot about the S-94s. I fixed them and tomorrow I'll upload the update given that I'm sure it's not that much used anyway.

EricJ Cherokee Containers

RC13
- Tweaked animation of the Mortar Container, should look correct
- Added Flares to the munitions list for the available round types

EricJ Helicopter Pack

RC80
- Added a Desert version of the MQ-17 and MQ-37 by request. Also added a Navy version of the MQ-37, as well as a USMC version as well
- Tweaked animation of the Mortar Container, should look correct
- Added Flares to the munitions list for the Mortar Container

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12OXk5itkTSGJxnE3rcs0xTUgJar0ETnh/view?usp=sharing

Came across a mention of the Call of Duty Cruise missile container and well, I thought on it a bit. I found the config for the Jets DLC and not sure if I really want to do a liftable container for A3 that fires the cruise missile. The config seems pretty easy, but the 3D model would have to be done of course, but the memory points would be a pain in the ass, so for now until I find a way to make it work (trial and error may have to be, but I never messed with the VLS system in the game, so I have to do that to see how to work it. Honestly it sounds like a cool idea, but maybe hold off on it until I figure out what to do with the memory points.

EricJ Taliban Units

RC21
- Added a "Taliban Pawnee", since an MD500 doesn't exist for the Armaverse

Well after some internal debate and nothing else going on, I decided to try the "Cruise Missile Container". it's just going to be a container with four missiles (I'll have to make my own weapon and stuff, but that's later) or so for realism sake that can be used and moved around via helicopter. Weights going to be about 2500 kg, so a Ghost Hawk or so can lift it easy (normal containers in the helo pack weigh 1000 kg) and so on. So far I need to get the turret working so it can look around and launch missiles that are locked on by a laser designator and so on, or however the VLS system works. But more or less once I figure out the turret and stuff, and get the missiles to launch at least vertically (my first test it blew up a helicopter and the container next to it) and so on, but I think I got the missile launcher part working, and so I can just make a new launcher with my own magazine and such, and call it a day, and redo a container so it'll at least look different from the other containers.

Current status is that I got the Cruise Missile to launch vertically. The only issue is getting the turret to animate, i.e. simply move around. I don't know why it's being such a pain to do, but I have no issue with the other turrets, maybe I'm missing something currently. Other than that I need to build up the container so it at least looks realistic to have a cruise missile launch from it. I can't do the animated doors (don't know how) to make it at least "work" right for appearance sake. But the good news is that that's the only thing stopping from release, the turret and some 3D model work. I may redo the model so it looks more akin to a launch platform, rather than just a rectangle (I have some concept ideas in my head anyway) that is a box. We'll see.

Here's the prototype of the Cruise Missile Container:

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1983.jpg

I made it upright to work with the vertical launch of the missile. I have the turret moved up so you can see over the container and so on. This picture was taken when I was just checking sling load issues, of which there are none. I think the game senses the location of the sling load points and adjusts accordingly, because I didn't have any problem moving it around. I do have to design some things for the model, and make a custom texture to reflect the system. I may make a simple non-functioning geometry for the launch door,, so it will not be just a door texture and the like. Other than that after some work, it should be ready for upload.

Well after looking at the size of the missile, I can increase the number to four missiles per container.