Spinners

Avia's Sturmovik casts a giant shadow...

Avia B-32 Sturmovik - No.105 'Scorpion' Squadron, Israeli Air Force,1948

The Arab-Israeli War of 1948 broke out when five Arab nations invaded territory in the former Palestinian mandate immediately following the announcement of the independence of the state of Israel on May 14th, 1948 but during the war the United States had placed an arms embargo against all belligerents. In defiance of this arms embargo Israeli agents quickly negotiated the purchase of 25 Avia S-199 fighters and 15 Avia B-32 attack aircraft from the Czechoslovakian government. The first aircraft arrived on May 20th 1948, just six days after Israel's declaration of independence and five days after the commencement of hostilities by Egypt. Together. these aircraft formed the backbone of the newly created Israeli Air Force and both types were immediately thrown into service being flown by a mix of foreign volunteers including many World War II veterans who wanted to collaborate with Israel's struggle for independence.

The Avia B-32's first went into action on May 29th, 1948, assisting the efforts of ground forces to halt the Egyptian advance from Gaza northwards striking Egyptian forces near Ashdod and stopping the Egyptian advances and later successfully attacking the Egyptian army between Isdud and the Ad Halom bridge. Whilst the Avia S-199 proved to be unreliable, tricky to fly and performing poorly in combat the Avia B-32's were much more well received achieving high rates of availability and gaining a reputation for ruggedness and survivability. Whilst the Avia S-199 quickly passed from service the Avia B-32's remained in service until 1955.

IDF%20IL-2M.01_zpsubrywagg.jpg

IDF%20IL-2M.02_zpspd91otfv.jpg

IDF%20IL-2M.03_zpsao6cgmru.jpg

IDF%20IL-2M.04_zpswtiz80su.jpg

IDF%20IL-2M.05_zps6wxv3dgv.jpg

This is 'what if' land. I know the Czech's made the IL-10 (as the B-33) and not the IL-2 (as the B-32).

• Like 5

Can just the skins or decals be uploaded here. i know its a dat model. Woule be good for the israeli terrain

Can just the skins or decals be uploaded here. i know its a dat model. Woule be good for the israeli terrain

Sorry mate but I'm really not interested in uploading it here.