Nicholas Bell

FE2 Aircraft Hit Box Revisions

Many thanks! :good:

Bortdafarm's 3D models are beautiful, but unfortunately the data files are a real mess and will require an extraordinary amount of effort to fix - if I even can.  They are going to the bottom of the list, if I bother with them at all.  So any one else who's looking for a challenge, please have at them.  Still working on others...

• Like 3

Bortdafarm's 3D models are beautiful, but unfortunately the data files are a real mess and will require an extraordinary amount of effort to fix - if I even can.  They are going to the bottom of the list, if I bother with them at all.  So any one else who's looking for a challenge, please have at them.  Still working on others...

The Bortdafarm FMs are indeed a mystery - I "fixed" the Fokker B.I by Bortdafarm a while back and the revised FM is available in my FM tweaks for those interested. It now flies as well as that single-bay, wing-warping Fokker should have flown. Previously it would just hurtle into the ground in FE2. The type is a good climber though - for most of the fixes to work I had to transplant some info. from the Peter/Ojcar FM for the double-bay Fokker D.II - and revise through trial and error - otherwise I tend to avoid the Bortdafarm FMs, although the models are indeed beautiful and cover some of the rare types.

Happy flying,

Von S

Includes:

Hitbox revisions to Von S's latest Data ini files which he uploaded early May - ie they are ready to use.

-Morane N

-MartinsydeG100

-Pfalz EIII

Text files with hitbox edit information only:

-Gotha GIV

-Pfalz EIIIAO (also good for EIIIA model)

HitBox_Files_13_May_16.zip

• Like 3

Martinsyde G102 hitbox revisions of Von S's data.ini file.

Pfalz Dr1 data.ini - original dat file with hitbox revisions.  Original FM, not tweaked by Peter or Von S (yet... :smile:)

Hitbox_rev_20-May-16 .zip

• Like 4

Thanks for hit box revisions, Nicholas!  :biggrin:

It's always good to have accurate hit boxes in a flight sim!

These are data.ini files based on VonS's April 2016 files, so they are ready to go.

Pfalz EI - caught a fuel tank error I made

Pfalz E IV

Pfalz E V

What other aircraft would you consider important to address?  Looking for a prioritized list, given Real Life is limiting my free time until Fall - it's construction season in Alaska and my work days are longer...thankfully not as long as the actual days (18 hours, 45 minutes today). :smile:

Pfalz EI-EIV-EV.zip

• Like 2

Hi Nick

Thanks for the update!

Since I'm flying a Armchair Aces Redux campaign it would be nice if all available planes in the campaign were updated, but if that's to much work it would probably be best to concentrate on the most used aircraft types.

Cheers

vonOben

I've done all the most used aircraft. :smile:

The Caproni Ca3 is nicely done and is good as is.

A few minor tweaks on the Spad 11.  Based on VonS's April 2016 tweaked file.

SPAD11_DATA.zip

• Like 1