At what speed & alt were iron bombs dropped from the A-6E??I know it would depend on target & defense....

Wasn't the laser designator used to target for use of both dumb & laser guided munitions?

Now if we could just get this laser designator to lock on to a ground or moving targets.... :biggrin:

post-666-1119795746_thumb.jpg

sweet, where'd the bombsight come from  :shok:

Craig  :cool:

It's one i made,... & have been experimenting with bombing altitudes & speeds with the A-6E TRAM.. :)

Go to the "making your dumb bombs smarter" thread,,& d/l my bomb sights zip....

The basic bombing method has to be operational in order for the bomb sights to work....

I will be releasing a couple new sights pretty soon,,as well as some minor fixes for the B-52G... :biggrin:

The optimal release was between 4000 and 5000 feet, speed 370 to 400 knots in terminal velocity with zero engine thrust, aircraft at 40 degrees down angle, 5 to 7 degrees AOA ahead of the target.

• Like 1

DIANE did everything for you, if you followed the cues.

In the SIM, I use a bomb fall line and sight, which emulates CCIP..

According to Stephen Coonts and his novel FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER, you begin the attack at 15,000ft, roll into a 40 degree dive, put the pipper on the target, and pickle at 6000ft.

Of course you had all sorts of tables with which to work out the correct MIL setting for the sight. These tables were published in the manual for the FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER PC game, which unfortunately was way before my time.

But WOV doesn't model this anyway.

Low level bombing with retarded bombs is performed at 200 to 500ft.

If anyone is interested I have my A-6E NATOPS manual with all the data now transferred to PDF file. Damn that things a whopping 935 pages, took years to get around PDF'ing all of it. I got the orriginal manual as a birthday gift from the late Captain Terry Toms before he left as the last acting ATACKWESTPAC commander since the A-6 was going into retirement.

I perform runway strikes with snakes at 800 to 1000 feet and set the mil-sec to 140. Just as the edge of the runway hits the bottom of the HUD glass I pickle and pull up 5 degrees to boost the load across the length of the runway.

No fly migs today Charlie.

You should be able to bring it up in your control settings options when you select advanced settings; which gives you the key listing. The time delay release should be below the release quantity key setting.

Edited by dannavy85

This is in WOE and WOV Strike Fighters 1 series?

So you mean the Interval release?

Edited by alexis99

yes, the interval release...ugh my alt-heimer key's acting up today

Did I mention that I served with some very intelligent Intruder pilots?

post-93418-0-71961000-1464211773.jpg