Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

replacing default BMPs for screens problem

I recently bought an UHD resolution pc monitor and I would like to upgrade from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 resolution, the default bitmaps for loading screen, menu etc but they won't work. I made custom bmp files, in 2560x1440 and saved them as BMPs (24bit) and then replace them all, changing the bmp file name accordingly of course, but they are not displayed or they are displayed wrong. Where is the mistake I made please? I really need help.

Viper63 has released a large number of new screen formats for various sized monitors - one example below.  You might try contacting him if you continue to have problems, as he seems to understand what is required.

http://combatace.com/files/file/15398-sf2-aces-over-north-africa-photoshop-1024x768-menu-templates/

I took a look to the link. Viper63 made changes for SF2 series I understood. I was asking about SF1 series loading screen stuff. They are different made, in SF1 they are bmp, in SF2 they are jpg or something. Anyway I wrote to him a PM. I hope he will help me in the end to discover what I am doing wrong. Thank you for helping.

Hi, 

They can be jpg or bmp in SF2. I believe there may be limits to how large a file can be? Assuming the name of the file is the same as the 1080 one, you may want to use the same screen in the same format - but reduce it and see if that works. If it does, I don't think the game will support the large file. 

Edited by viper63a

well if it's so I am still puzzled, in a way, because game (SF1_WOI) accepts 2560x1440 ones for main screen, for hangars and aircraft loading screens at least. Could they accept UHD for ones and none for others  ?

Assuming that it could accept for, let's say full HD (1920x1080), which I already changed  3 years ago and worked for everyone of them, how could have been even this limit (full HD) hardcoded , if that's the case you imply, in 2008, when full HD standard was in the beginning (correct me if I am wrong) ?

Edited by UllyB