Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

"Morane-Saulnier Type H" trick successful in the PWCG ver. 16.x.x - allows the Entente to fly the Fokk. E.III disguised via any of the relevant, available MS Type G/H skins for RoF. Pleased with the results - more info. and a link to download the tweak available under my AI/DM mod. (consolidated) post for RoF United.

Cheers all and happy early campaigning in RoF United,

Von S :smile:

 

01_rof.thumb.jpg.b9a47c90df0e5a186bca838790d18dae.jpg

02_rof.thumb.jpg.b3b384632f4c2890e4ddc32b8109e357.jpg

03_rof.thumb.jpg.e0023e5fa6d4b385196b82cfd19c2ff9.jpg

04_rof.thumb.jpg.87acb02c807b1303246b217b5c1f3f4d.jpg

05_rof.thumb.jpg.5cff678069283c21c6991244706803f9.jpg

06_rofstats.thumb.jpg.43af450d94e1cb5e5768a58cc4e74685.jpg

  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
Posted

After almost 15 years, I relaunched RoF, moved by J18 Raben's videos!

RoF with mods looks quite nice still! I started a Campaign in PWCG with Jasta 29 (still tyrying to fully enable Gooseh's remarkable skin packs) found the old templates of the Johannisthal Mod and pulled out a skin for my pilot Uffz. Martin Engels. I also reworked the bump map, making a universal one that works for all models and skins.

Jasta29-MartinEngels.thumb.jpg.68d0c652151c151f5090676209f4633f.jpg

Jasta29-MartinEngels1.thumb.jpg.a4ea1b6fa39657de0c4e48a41ec5c03d.jpg

Jasta29-MartinEngels2.thumb.jpg.a1fb48537e3e28f4ec707fcdf4602fd9.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

Some more action, with Jasta 29 (PWCG) featuring the new skin, now with redesigned brand new round footstep.

2026_9_14__15_47_50.thumb.jpg.df8a2fd5511474f73dccafa613381daf.jpg

2026_9_14__17_14_54.thumb.jpg.34283c450114224bfe6338b853c58012.jpg

2026_9_14__17_18_23.thumb.jpg.90a04ae2168a93daa901a963cf255862.jpg

2026_9_14__17_20_31.thumb.jpg.ed8e0fbee95dfbfa143422eb4243598f.jpg

  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Beautiful screenshots!

Rise of Flight is still a great sim, even though it is sadly pretty much "dead" nowadays. It still has a lot of charm, and visually it can look fantastic, especially in screenshots like these.

Great shots!

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Thanks, I have played Flying Circus too but its is only about the visuals, soulless and rushed IMHO.

Here, some more action:

Jasta 29, mid May '17...Lt. Wolff just transfered from Jasta 11...

2026_9_15__9_28_40.thumb.jpg.a923c394ec3c13e36d0e9405d039f025.jpg

2026_9_15__9_23_38.thumb.jpg.d4e4c929bb4467289092d6fba02c298a.jpg

2026_9_15__13_47_46.thumb.jpg.f1ba7a2d8fc97e9a79de603939164996.jpg

2026_9_15__13_31_5.thumb.jpg.16e2d70b8e554e341a8812ab1eadc6c9.jpg

Back to base...

Some more porogress on the new Johhanisthal Mod skin template, after the new round footstep, new Garuda propeller (from my FC template)

Engels being the leading ace in the Jasta with 34 kills (Wolff has 31) got a newer machine...with shifted radiator (hahaha) and a square footstep.

(I transfered layers from my FC template for the historically accurate footstep)

2026_9_15__21_21_59.thumb.jpg.8900c0abfab5bb77d487860cea51b1c4.jpg

2026_9_15__20_35_4.thumb.jpg.ec0d168c4da01ab346e729794f9d06dc.jpg

Edited by elephant
Posted

I tried the official Career for a change...

Jasta 6 (Generic Jasta skins are shown and I made a custom skin for my player)

2026_9_28__21_22_19.thumb.jpg.82c80166a35fa2307f82d902ef1eb0ec.jpg

Jasta 27, Channel Map, March '17 (Generic Jasta skins are not shown this time)

Into the Void

2026_9_29__19_18_36.thumb.jpg.34eef188cfe1f193c69cad7b531d5972.jpg

2026_9_29__13_35_14.thumb.jpg.d9d7c32103e41965e7114a440f90a5d8.jpg

2026_9_29__13_33_16.thumb.jpg.677aeeacbd4db7ab490db3d06d85a945.jpg

I've noticed that my old Pilot Mod didn't cover all the planes available, the FE-2 gunner for example, and I expanded it.

Now every plane whould have more historically accurate crew, including the Felixtowe and the S-22.

Get it here:

2026_9_29__21_2_59.thumb.jpg.4a805ed31455880d8a0ffd56a154938a.jpg

One more propeller option for the Johannisthal D.3...Astra

2026_9_29__21_22_5.thumb.jpg.6cd099eeedf8bc02e3832e894b94d715.jpg

Posted

Some more action with Jasta 6, late April '17...

2026_9_30__16_26_27.thumb.jpg.4141094323be98188dc395783282b89d.jpg

2026_9_30__16_27_40.thumb.jpg.23571ddead34b9551cf84b95053beaf6.jpg

2026_9_30__20_48_30.thumb.jpg.cf3b547a733bd14e35136c23c72a0125.jpg

The German pilot from the expanded Pilot Mod (the face of the original Mod was too exposed and gave him an inner balaclava helmet)

2026_9_30__16_13_11.thumb.jpg.5ea51b5101806dc217a6a43f7ae408d2.jpg

2026_9_30__16_19_48.thumb.jpg.e585cb8a2353d77331173622f6cf783f.jpg

2026_9_30__16_21_54.thumb.jpg.ac7bf406e49eb70411715c8bfcfc805c.jpg

2026_9_30__16_16_35.thumb.jpg.f6b541e3f58ab702f4bed574f038be93.jpg

Back to base, featuring the new WOLFF propeller.

2026_9_30__14_48_20.thumb.jpg.4b39d23531b1c64b10de690262e79f09.jpg

 

Posted

Thanks Jim, I've been working on the Johhanistahl Mod as well, but I'm leaving again for work to be back at Xmas and I won't be able to keep it up...

Yesterday by mistake I lost the Johannisthal Mod template and all the recent work I've done featuring in the above screenshots.

Starting from scratch with an older backup template and bits and pieces from the latest skins I managed to restore, in the most part, the Jo Mod template.

Here is the first skin I produced from the brand new template, a personal skin for Moritz von Behr, of Jasta 27 (Official Career, Channel Map).

2026_10_1__15_28_47.thumb.jpg.c033ce4afb4d29a039f970fa7d2f3ad8.jpg

Fighting along some D.2's of Jasta 8 (probably)

2026_10_1__15_44_13.thumb.jpg.a7706f4811a5ab7db93a1c08a0240ddd.jpg

(Bloody) April Fool's '17...

The poor N 11 belongs to Belgian 1ere Esquadrille but the majority of Squadron skins are not shown in the Official Career, I wonder is there o Mod for this?

Panthercules made one for FC, I searched the old Forum but I cound't find one for RoF.

2026_10_1__21_24_50.thumb.jpg.1f18712e454e39d1028a2bdb218c2e14.jpg

2026_10_1__21_26_55.thumb.jpg.429e8b1ba0b493e2246a02b2d3b59e2c.jpg

2026_10_1__21_30_21.thumb.jpg.47ff1e4c9111c2d55930d41e41b5de92.jpg

Back to base featuring a brand new WOTAN propeller.

2026_10_1__21_54_7.thumb.jpg.7c829426d57992dcccfe40f9945378d0.jpg

2026_10_1__21_47_10.thumb.jpg.29162ffc196dbf2f76a8e818bcc5bf75.jpg

Some more Bloody April action over Flanders, fields and shores...

On the prowl...

2026_10_2__13_35_52.thumb.jpg.84cb07c33a55ce4997cd7bcc2d3703e5.jpg

2026_10_2__15_41_9.thumb.jpg.f0447730fd2ab4f5fcd547d1c3285db4.jpg

2026_10_2__15_44_27.thumb.jpg.cb176efb730601de31dae2016f5276ad.jpg

Mission accomplished

2026_10_2__15_35_15.thumb.jpg.abe84fd52f811f732d6abc4809a3319d.jpg

 

Posted

I started a Campaign in Flanders with MFJ I, in PWCG 16.3.1

 I put together a skin for my player (Oliver Kempf) from the new Johannisthal Mod template...

Due to muddy conditions in the Flanders the undercarriage fairing has been removed...😉

2026_10_4__16_44_20.thumb.jpg.66c92022c6dc3a00d93b90edfbfe3ec4.jpg

2026_10_4__16_48_40.thumb.jpg.7e05c663965ad72a7a441afa68ec985d.jpg

2026_10_4__16_44_54.thumb.jpg.5f3cff746c55d1efdd9ff1223cb5719e.jpg

In PWCG 16.3.1 the promotions are too easy to get IMHO.

After a couple of months and 20 kills (I don't claim everything) I become Commander!

It is now June '17 and I had to leave MFJ I to lead a new Squadron (I didn't remember that feature)

I went for Jasta 27 as I didn't want to leave Flanders (no other Naval Squadron was available) but Goering was not eager giving up the command, so I chose Jasta 29.

I found a couple of aces there, Werner Voss and Kurt Wolff and a new machine of the 6xx batch of the Johannistahl Werke.

Jasta 29 leaves the planes  in standard camo with a number or the initial of the pilot in black with white trimming.

As a commander I added a plain chrome yellow band to my crate to honour the Naval aviation colours of my former unit.

(the characteristic square footsteps of the last 2 batches of Albatros D.3, from Johannisthal have been added to the template, getting ready for the OAW now)

2026_10_5__13_42_57.thumb.jpg.41532ce17b0cf8dcf51c33f28acb0c19.jpg

In my first flight I got a Strutter and got bounced by a flight of 3 Triplanes. I got two of them and Wolff got the other.

In the after action report I was informed that i had downed Raymond Collishaw!

The next mission was not so fancy, I got only a balloon but it was enough to make me a Pour Le Merite recipient.

2026_10_5__13_36_38.thumb.jpg.c8056fbf1301cd7fe18fe7ed48f48e4b.jpg

2026_10_5__13_37_1.thumb.jpg.e1d62ff54b7a26f03b56906867e4fb96.jpg

Back to base featuring a new Luckenwalde - Niendorf propeller.

2026_10_5__13_54_50.thumb.jpg.60dc780796c43d1e35d1c5db891009ad.jpg

2026_10_5__13_19_4.thumb.jpg.8b61c2ef186defcc707764f9ac27d9ae.jpg

My chief mechanic insisted on bordering the fuselage band with black outlines and I admit it surely looks better.

Here on patrol with Werner Voss...

2026_10_5__19_4_28.thumb.jpg.dbbf6ef1eaa4057d2243a3e0fde089ef.jpg

2026_10_5__19_33_30.thumb.jpg.d8b22fc1f6b5869308f7c89fb81ea208.jpg

Here is a close up to the new Johannistahl Mod...Albatros D.3 of the last two batches (600-649/17, 750-799/17)

It's all about details, allways based on photographic evidence, featuring: new wood texture with correct planking for the Johannisthal models, repositioned hatches, added missing rivets, Factory ID placards, the new designed engine access and mounting footsteps that should be identical, proppellers from different manufacturers with their respected logos to mention some and all these backed up with a new universal bump map that is compatible with any other creator's skin ever made (Gooseh is in mind)!

2026_10_5__20_5_24.thumb.jpg.18d93a3fa7052818af5f7525d5282ac0.jpg

 

Posted (edited)

This was my first ever explosion with VonS's Mod on, I didn't expect it and was stunned and lucky not to get any debris as I was too close!

2026_10_6__14_52_41.thumb.jpg.8815a5015788681f01d6769285ffdc74.jpg

2026_10_6__14_49_17.thumb.jpg.6342b4f077954924f2c89a073daaa50a.jpg

2026_10_6__14_50_7.thumb.jpg.e8e3fae332073677d7c448721a5619ae.jpg

2026_10_6__14_47_16.thumb.jpg.bf77b364e14a8b9b054dfa97667c336d.jpg

Loosing that template was not so bad after all, I'm very pleased with this new one!

Some more action:

2026_10_6__20_20_23.thumb.jpg.03cf07909bf0ce69491247f618e79347.jpg

2026_10_6__21_13_37.thumb.jpg.d21c52325dab5190c9f7ee65c5ac3a09.jpg

2026_10_6__21_15_9.thumb.jpg.e81eeb30dd6952b15dd50a5dd192405a.jpg

2026_10_6__21_18_59.thumb.jpg.f77395b606a05f9a889334111a190a39.jpg

2026_10_6__21_18_44.thumb.jpg.e631bcf2749bd21b0439da1ad4aeb181.jpg

2026_10_6__20_23_54.thumb.jpg.0c2f7207c3147e2f8c24ae41f595a891.jpg

 

Edited by elephant

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..