Sign in to follow this  
UllyB

Texture question

I'm having a hard time trying to add texture for engine (just for esthetic reasons of course) shafts (I don't find other word now for them) for the MIG-25 foxbat model ( the old one, in fact I guess it's the only one out here on this site but I could be wrong). All other aircraft models  looked fine after adding the shaft textures. For this one, both engine shafts (as you know MIG-25 has two engines, so there are two shafts) remain black, even if on the fuselage bitmap (it's named "Fuselage.bmp") there is clearly a draw of the engine shaft. Anyone know why I cannot see the engine texture in game ? Thank you in advance.

Fuselage_zpsftnfapoq.jpg

Edited by UllyB

I would say it's a 3D model flaw, and there's nothing to do to fix it.

It would be only by editing the 3D source file.

just my opinion...

Edited by Cliff7600

Yep, model issue......I know, I have the Max files .

It crossed my mind that is something wrong with the model, but I thought I was just me... Well it's a shame it can not be modified. Thanks for your input gentlemen.

Yes, it would be a shame it won't be modified, as well as a castoring mesh for the front wheel and an opening canopy. Too bad !