Sign in to follow this  
fedace101

adding ground units?

I downloaded the SA-11 Buk and I can place it in using the mission editor and they work fine but what im looking for is if there is any way to add them to the list of ground defenses that are generated on the map?

• Like 1

fedace101,

If you open the SU11_data.ini (example below) what is the GroundObjectRole?

[MissionData]
NationName=SOVIET
ServiceStartYear=1980
ServiceEndYear=1999
GroundObjectRole=MOBILE_AAA   <----- Mine is set as Mobile_AAA
Availability=very_COMMON
Exported=TRUE
ExportStartYear=1990
ExportAvailability=very_COMMON

If you set the role to transport you get an interesting surprise when conducting armored recon missions

Edited by krfrge

thanks!   It works so now I have to deal with the SA-17M1's..... makes for some fun missions    :flyer:

I downloaded the SA-11 Buk and I can place it in using the mission editor and they work fine but what im looking for is if there is any way to add them to the list of ground defenses that are generated on the map?

You can place a radar guided SAM in a mission and it works? I mean it appear, but it shoots AGAINST you?

You can place a radar guided SAM in a mission and it works? I mean it appear, but it shoots AGAINST you?

I notices that before editing the SA-17 data.ini from static-sam to mobile-aaa it was tracking and did fire 3 out of 4 sams. after editing they stopped firing. would just sit there.

The odd thing is I downloaded and installed the SF2 SAMs Pack by (eburger68) the SA-17 in that pack is set to static-sam yet they not only show up randomly in missions but fire. In fact from what i have come up against so far they have fired on me and AI planes.

Edited by fedace101
  • Like 1

this was a screenshot of the SA-17M after it shot me down. I didn't get a screenshot of it firing on me but I did get a few of it firing on AI. 

img00080

img00079

• Like 1