I know how to reskin and minor ini mods, but i need help on how to add lights. I have Cf-188 models and after learning about the spotlight they carried, thought it would be cool to have a working spotlight on them. Can someone help me out with adding lights? 

It can be done, but it will never work as a real spotlight.

Lights in the inis only has 2 ways when turned on : steady and flashing

It means that you will always have the spotlight on when the position lights will be on.

You won't be able to have the spotlight without the position lights and never the position lights without the spotlight.

And I'm not sure that it will illuminate an aircraft by night if you fly side by side.

Though it's a cool idea :^)

Did some experiments by adding a steady light to the particular spotlight. My main problem is to find the X,Y position on the body of the aircraft.

It will illuminate whatever is besides it if you put the value high enough. Tried it with the landing gear light while standing behind my wingman and he was illuminated...

But don't scratch you head too much on this as these Spotlight were removed at the end of the cold war. I saw many CF-188 personnaly at St-Hubert and CFB Bagotville and i don't recall seeing an hornet with one installed. They had in lieu of it a white plexiglass cover. But some may still have them installed...

So if anybody have a cu on how to find the position on the frame, i would appreciate it as i could continue my little work :)

IsLandingLight=FALSE

was done 10+ years ago for Simon Porter's Firefly, for it's searchlight. Still, though, only on with the position lights. (as all lights are linked together via the on/off switch). It didn't illuminate much in front, but one can try fiddling with brightness and the

LightSrcOffset=
LightSrcRange=
LightRange=

figures

and yes, Mue's tool will give you the X/Y/Z coords to place it