Sign in to follow this  
Geezer

Boeing 281

Got the Boeing 281 airframe done, and have been working on details.  While examining photos, I realized most sim models of the P-26/Model 281 got the gunsight wrong.  Its usually modeled as a telescopic sight, but photos clearly show it was a kind of sight radius rod - a hollow tube capped with inserts at both ends.  Those of you who know how to shoot will recognize what looks like iron sights - similar to a rifle - with windage and elevation adjustments.  One of the shots below shows a similar installation on a wrecked Hawk III.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 4

Another shot of the sight installation.

post-39531-0-93318900-1479740570_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nearly finished detailing the 281.  Wrench has very graciously given me permission to use his Chinese P-26 files, so this one shouldn't take long to release.  Warm up your white scarf!

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

Two more shots.  Round engines forever!  :biggrin:

• Like 3

VERY NICE!!!!

VERY NICE!!!!

Thanks.  Still have to map it, make skins, plus LODs.  Once those are done, using your files will enable me to release it much sooner than otherwise.  Winter is starting to set in, so I will soon have more time to work on the China aircraft.  I'm also considering the addition of two Japanese army aircraft to the pile of stuff to be done.

The pile of stuff to do includes the Mitsubishi A5M2 - the early version of the Claude used in 1937-1938.  It had a number of problems - bad pilot visibility was one of them - and was redesigned to eventually become the A5M4 that most enthusiasts are familiar with.

post-39531-0-43899400-1480245262_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-58736700-1480245751_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-91407900-1480245759_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

very very impressive

as of today i use different faux-/stand-in-aircraft for ths period - sino-japanese-war - , but your models beat sure evrything around ;-)

hope to fly rthem soon in sf2

sokol

very very impressive as of today i use different faux-/stand-in-aircraft for ths period - sino-japanese-war - , but your models beat sure evrything around ;-) hope to fly rthem soon in sf2 sokol

It probably won't be "soon" but it will be "eventually."  3D models and skins are only 50% of the effort needed to release an aircraft, so it will take a while.

Shot below of progress on the B4Y Jean.

Concurrent with aircraft development, new pilot figures and bombs will also be needed.  Shot below of new pilot pack WIP.  Already released RAF and Italian pilots are in the back, while new WIPs of Chinese, Luftwaffe, US, and Japanese pilots are in the front.

post-39531-0-58114300-1481555546_thumb.jpg

post-39531-0-44823200-1481555980_thumb.jpg

• Like 4