Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

No warning tone of RWR's in F-16's

Hi,

Off late ive noticed that the F-16's (Viper Pack) dont seem to have an functional RWR... an Su-47 fired an AA-12 'Adder' AHM at me and my RWR didnt sound a warning tone.... and i was shot ddown as a result.. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I'm not trying to find fault but seeking help to find out what i'm doing wrong and how to rectify it. Thanks

I'm not sure it will need to give you a lock on warning tone, If he's using a R-77 depending on the distance he can shoot and the missile locks himself to you. At least I think it work that way.

Ah, you've fallen victim to the "AHM cheat". The SF2 avionics .dll file was never updated to include AHM functionality. It will only warn you if an SAHM has been fired at you.

There are a couple of things you can do to fix this.

1. Change all Red-side AHM-guided missiles to SAHM guidance. (A pain to do...)

2. Don't fly any scenarios past 1992. (Easier, but restrictive)

Oh? Are you saying that the SF2 Series were never designed for Acrive Radar homing Missiles by default? Ok.. but what about SF2: North Atlantic? It came with the AIM-54 Phoenix as a stock weapon.. Isn't the stock AIM-54 an active radar homing missile? Just asking for clarifications..... 

Technically it had Active and Semi Active modes.

Probably a reason for being left out (if it fully is) would be that in SF2NA the default player flying the F-14 is only firing at AI aircraft.

Pretty much. The F-14 avionics .dll file was built to mimic the "track 24, engage 6" ability of the AWG-9 radar. It also took away the A2G radar.

TW assumed the only people shooting AHM missiles would be the player and friendly AI, not the enemy.

You can fly modern scenarios, but your opponents are going to blow you out of the sky with AHM missiles and you will never know what happened. Force opponents to use only SAHM missiles.

Which isn't whollyy inaccurate.