Sign in to follow this  
subarug

Not exactly a screenshot...

I had recently put up a post in the WoV Camp. regarding an idea for an expansion, and I felt it would fit into WoV's game world rather well...but

There hasn't been a lot of response (any..lol) so I'll post a link to the thread here and If any other Modder's out would like to try this for another Sim, that would be awesome.

In any event here is the thread...

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9027

And all the artwork in that thread is old so to show what might be done on a mod of this subject, here are some new drawings I whipped up in about an hour or so....

Area88004.jpg

Area88001.jpg

Small Versions in case previous were too large...

Area88003.jpg

Area88002.jpg

I would love to help do Art, Story,Mission Ideas, Music or anything for a Area 88 based expansion.

Hopefully there are some other fans out there too!

Thanks All!

Cheers!

Very Nice, I Need to get a Scanner and scan some stuff i did for school, it will blow your mind :)

Edited by Fates

Thanks overload... Im not trained in the fine arts, or digital art or any art form for that matter, I just doodle which is perfect for the subject matter I am talking about

Edited by subarug

This really brings back memories, back in 1980 in a galaxy far far away I was an avid fan of the original Battlestar Galactica. I made several sketch drawings on graph paper of the Viper, a lot like the drawings you posted here. They're gone but they were pretty good.

When that Sim comes out I'll be first in line to buy it. I like the new TV series as well. The old Kalrathi menace in Wing Commander was easily forced into extinction in the early 1990s but it's obvious that the whole storyline was based on Battlestar Galactica and the Cylons.

If there's a good Battlestar Galactica simulation out there let me know. With the new series on TV I think that if someone develops the simulation and boxed it will sell well.

Foofighter

Edited by Foofighter

There was a PS2 game released not to long ago based on the new series.Not sure if it was any good however.

You should check out Area 88.

Here is a link to the site for the New Series...

http://www.advfilms.com/titles/Area88/

You can also find the Orig. 80's Manga or OVA on ebay for near to nothing!

img_main_top.jpg

img_main_right.jpg

Edited by subarug

Ther's a BSG mod coming to BF2 or some similar game (sorry, can't remember exactly).

edit: found it http://www.bsgmod.com/

Mirage F-1

Area88009.jpg

Edited by subarug