Wandered over to SimHQ this morning to celebrate the lifting of my ban. Found another rich harvest of videos by Hellshade. But one thing in particular caught my eye. These cables (?) on an Albatros D.V. Are they control cables to the ailerons?

Capture.JPG

No politics but "ban"? You? What kind of drugs are they passing around over there? :scare:

No politics but "ban"? You? What kind of drugs are they passing around over there? :scare:

On several occasions, I've found that the site had logged me out (for no discernable reason) and will not accept my password. Once you're out, there's no way to inform them of the problem, or request a new password. So I created a second account. Essentially a backdoor in. 'Turns out, that's very much against the rules and I got banned. Initially, I thought the ban was permanent but as things turned out, it expired yesterday. Ah well.

Edited by Hauksbee

From a fellow-sufferer of the vicissitudes of SimHQ - they are aileron control cables, I believe - the D.III and D.Va had them running out the lower wing, then up behind the rear V strut to the aileron crank. In the D.V, the cables ran via the upper wing.

From a fellow-sufferer of the vicissitudes of SimHQ - they are aileron control cables, I believe - the D.III and D.Va had them running out the lower wing, then up behind the rear V strut to the aileron crank. In the D.V, the cables ran via the upper wing.

Thanks, 33LIMA.

I got into trouble for doing the same thing.   I wanted another pilot for the DiD campaign.   The other userid was removed and I kept away for a long time except to lurk sometimes from a fake URL.  I always seem to enrage Polovski about things.  Since the end of the DiD campaign last Nov 11th I have lost interest in that forum anyway. 

Long long ago in an HQ not so far away lived a community of Strike Fighter fans and modders. These wonderful proud but noble people existed for one purpose, to have fun. All was going great and they had the largest group of most active individuals in the HQ. One day a mean sheriff, a real deputy dog type, decided that if it was fun it wasn't allowed in the HQ. You see the mean sheriff person hated laughter, smiles, and sharing of great information among the type A personalities of the community. So our sheriff with his fuzz in ruffle had a brief encounter with a would be enthusiast. He enjoyed the thought of reaching for and pulling from hip his chrome plated 38 special which shot enthusiasts between the eyes with insults, bans, and rules. Oh the rules so many of them that they were legendary throughout the land of HQ. One day a defiant and short fused fellow named Dave decided enough was enough. History tells the tales of the Dave to this day. How he found a place so full of biohaz that it was central to his idea and with his great luck he knew it was for sale. In the beginning the place we all now call home was found at biohazcentral.com. The Dave knowing what he had to do reached out to the great alien wrangler known as Alex. See Alex was the guy who trapped all them aliens and put them in a box and called them boxes Alienware. Alex was powerful and wise and he enjoyed the HQ community so he reached out to this story teller and together we birthed what is today CombatACE.com. The Alex didn't stop wanting people to enjoy themselves and it was then he reached out a Polish fellow who had a group of Winged Orphaned Fellow Fliers who at the time were having problems of their own having just been kicked out of their village. We called them graceful enthusiasts of the canvas WOFF'ers for short. Together the prop fans and turbo jet fans built a home of their own and it continues here today. We've all been in the penalty box and we all understand that it's a badge of honor among us. The moral of the story; from a band of misfit toys with good intentions and motivation comes wonderful things where anything is possible. Welcome home you're among friends.