dsawan

NukeMap!

We're doomed!

We're doomed!
http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

A web tool called NUKEMAP claims it can tell you news we pray you'll never have to know. Straddling the line between entertainment, fantasy and terrifying reality, the Google Maps mashup is a tool for visualizing the real-world impact of a nuclear explosion on specific locations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning,

I tried this out, and as an intellectual exercise, it's both fascinating and horrifying at once.

I tried this out on the small country town where I grew up, and it's sobering & disturbing to think that with even a small weapon (small being relative), it killed everyone in my hometown immediately, and contaminated completely the surrounding county.

I have known about NukeMap for years but I never thought about sharing it over here. At one time there was also NUKEMAP3D but Google deprecated the Google Earth Plugin that NUKEMAP3D required to work.