I would ask a moderator to change the title of the thread (to "new SU-34 model" or something) and put it in the right section. Thank you.

Edited by UllyB

10 hours ago, FLOGGER23 said:

I may have some numbers somewhere... 

what do you mean ?

please...consider making pit.

We are at 2018...with bazyllions of aircrafts for this game...and personally ( In my own opinion)  all new aircrafts or old ones with a new soul should have designated pits. I know it might take additional time....but imagine the happiness of us - users. We have all this fancy aircrafts...and all of them are using F series pits. I know. I know...But again after how many years...we should award ourselves with cockpits. 

And of course guys you are flying missions from the pit...not external view, right ?  

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

I was about to post about it, @UllyB, i really welcome your idea of making a whole new plane in a few weeks, we grinned with Martin for that timeframe and i really wish it would take that time, we had the same idea in 2012 and here we are with our Fitters, adding more and more details left, my message is: Don't discourage bro, keep going and  as soon as i get my pc back, i may offer you my help in whatever i can skinwise, just don't discourage man, all good stuff take time ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

Decals :good:

LOL, as always , you are here to save me. Thanks for watching my back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FLOGGER23 said:

I was about to post about it, @UllyB, i really welcome your idea of making a whole new plane in a few weeks, we grinned with Martin for that timeframe and i really wish it would take that time, we had the same idea in 2012 and here we are with our Fitters, adding more and more details left, my message is: Don't discourage bro, keep going and  as soon as i get my pc back, i may offer you my help in whatever i can skinwise, just don't discourage man, all good stuff take time ;)

Thanks man for encouragements. The contractor told me the plane is in testing and a lot of stuff must be done/tested so he let me know that it will take a little more time, but I am fine with that and I understand that quality product takes a toll in the time spent doing it.. I want, as many of you do, to see this thing gone through.

Edited by UllyB

5 hours ago, yakarov79 said:

please...consider making pit.

We are at 2018...with bazyllions of aircrafts for this game...and personally ( In my own opinion)  all new aircrafts or old ones with a new soul should have designated pits. I know it might take additional time....but imagine the happiness of us - users. We have all this fancy aircrafts...and all of them are using F series pits. I know. I know...But again after how many years...we should award ourselves with cockpits. 

And of course guys you are flying missions from the pit...not external view, right ?  

:pilotfly:

You somehow read my thoughts friend. I didn't abandoned the idea completely. I wanted to keep it for myself for a while until I could let you all know about it. But since you brought this up, all I can tell you is that I talked with a very skilled guy, from this forum, at this time I won't tell his name (it's his request), who told me that , after he will finish some projects of his own, he might help me with a SU-34 original cockpit. Well, there you have it, but please don't get your hope too high. For the time being it's just a promise. We'll see.

Images from SU-34 you mean ? If you do that, I did that, haven't you noticed them ? :) If not , do you mean the cockpit ? If yes, how could I have pics if it was just a promise in the future ? :) Or am I missing anything ?

Documenting the WIP process of the Su-34 would be nice, post some pics of the 3D model renderings, as the moders do, during the building process itself 

Which, if i'm allowed to add, will provide more eyes to improve the model...

• Like 1

Ok I think I must elaborate in explaining myself and my connection with this project. I am NOT in the same physical space with the contractor, so I can't have my eyes on the construction "yard" to relay to you all news. I wish  I would/could...

Secondly, don't think that I am a naive type of person who didn't asked anything from the contractor. I did but he told me that things are done and shown in HIS rythm. Why ? Well because that is the way he wants it done. Period. So that is why I can't elaborate and show you more as I would like and not because I'am just a dumb guy,  inexperienced etc who doesn't have a clue of what he is doing. But if, unfortunately I look this way to you, well, think this way: you will get a SU-34, for free, in the end, which is a win-win. Make no mistake, there is no harm done here if you see me this way. Keep in mind that if I wouldn't accepted these terms, I think that the project wouldn't be possible, so what do you really want ?  A new, FREE, SU-34 or... something that, for the moment I couldn't provide, in terms of info ? Maybe you could've done a better job if you were in my shoes, in terms of project manager but, for the moment I was the only one who pursued this goal with obstination until I got it, was I not ? So please be patient, maybe , the contractor will provide more and more info, to the end of it, which it won't be bad at all.

So bottom line, I am just the one who is playing the piano, so please try not to shoot at me, even if you don't really like my tune.  :)

Edited by UllyB

Just to show you what i was asking for, we did it in our Sukhoi WIP topic, you can find on nearly every page, some WIP shots :biggrin: and some people provided us informations, made suggestions or just enjoyed the show.

Every page, up to the end has some nice WIP shots :drinks:

Why i am asking? Just out of curiosity :good: that's all my friend.

Best regards have fun playing the piano

Martin

UllyB, thanks for all your efforts to find a way to get the Su-34 model done and for generously sharing it with the community.  I always thought the expression, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" was pretty sound advice.  I'm sure quite a few people are looking forward with great anticipation to seeing the final fruits of your endeavor!

Thanks again for sharing it with us all.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 76.IAP-Blackbird said:

Just to show you what i was asking for, we did it in our Sukhoi WIP topic, you can find on nearly every page, some WIP shots :biggrin: and some people provided us informations, made suggestions or just enjoyed the show.

Every page, up to the end has some nice WIP shots :drinks:

Why i am asking? Just out of curiosity :good: that's all my friend.

Best regards have fun playing the piano

Martin

Dear Martin,

As you said, every page of that thread had some nice WIP pics about different planes , ideas etc, but MY page, in the end, will have a...plane that one could fly/enjoy. I think there IS a significant difference between good intentions and things done and you know that I am right. Rest asure, I am here everyday checking if I received everything about the project. Also, at periodical intervals I write to the contractor and ask about how things are going. Just have faith, you don't know me , but , in the end you will see,  I will get the job done, one way or another; I am a perseverant person (ask Wrench LOL) when it comes to pursue my goals and I do that with a vivid grip. As Flogger said, good things take time, if you really want them.

• Haha 1

I have some more shots with the 3D model in the 3DMax editor. I hope it will satisfy your hunger for now. Contractor told me that work at the model is going as scheduled. At this stage they are updating the model as necessary with the mandatory changes .

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 3

As Martin very well pointed out, the underwing wheel carriage is outside, not inside oriented and the wheels are wider than in the 3DMax model. I passed the info to the contractor to modify it. Thanks.

1.jpg

Edited by UllyB

Should you need, i may give you a hand with a 4096 x 4096 base skin, and if you add BMs and SMs, i can make them too, just like our Fitter... Just Saying...

Edited by FLOGGER23
  • Thanks 2

I think any new extra hand on the deck is welcome. Please do, if you have time, the BMs and SMs and I will pass them to the contractor. With skins there is no need now, though I'm sure you'll do them for you or the community when the plane will be out. If you remember, I said that plane will have three skins out of the box, so that is kind of a homework for the contractor for now.

Thanks for offering to help.

Edited by UllyB
  • Thanks 1

I'm not an expert but I heard that is good to make base skins while the model is constructed. A lot can be adjusted, and lot errors can be fixed easily at a very early stage. And of course, a good mapping is crucial. And adding SM and BM needs (especially BM) needs ultra-correct uv mapping.

Just saying what I heard.

Edited by yakarov79

9 minutes ago, yakarov79 said:

I'm not an expert but I heard that is good to make base skins while the model is constructed. A lot can be adjusted, and lot errors can be fixed easily at a very early stage. And of course, a good mapping is crucial. And adding SM and BM needs (especially BM) needs ultra-correct uv mapping.

Just saying what I heard.

You have no idea, PSD's can get really huge at that point...

Hello guys, new update/screenshot from 3D editor. Contractor let me know that they are close to the finish line. Feel free to comment and signal any mistake detected. Just click on the pics to see them full screen. Thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2