Sign in to follow this  
Arkhamuk

VR Spitfire Mk IV - Im so very very sorry veterans!

I apologise to you veterans, i really do, but here is what happens when a novice casual like me experiences the joy of flying a Spitfire in VR.

It will no doubt drive you to face palm madness and have to switch off but i thought some might like to see the pure childish joy im finding in this game!

IL-2 STURMOVIK (VR) SPITFIRE Mk IX - No idea what im doing

At least it ended well..... well sort of lol I had so much fun though :)

Great game, love it.

(PS. if anyone knows how to record VR stuff properly then id love to know, this is just oculus mirror)

• Like 1

Looks like you really had some fun. :)

While playing IL2-BoS/BoM for some time now, I came to the conclusion, that VR is essential here and makes a big difference. Though the price tag is holding me back at the moment. ;)

Yes it really adds to it like a peripheral, like a Hotas adds a certain amount to to a sim experience to. Its certainly a new way to interact with sim games. Just having full 3D world around you is so immersive its untrue. VR is still comparatively low res right now though but things can only get better as the tech improves (mind you that will also mean more power PC's needed so that price tag will also just keep raising i guess). Its certainly an element that takes sit down sim games to the next level.

VR is the way forward for sure, at the moment though it is relatively new tech so correspondingly the prices for 1st and 2nd generation kit is very expensive, it will get cheaper, and I am gonna have to wait for the time that happens, for flight sims it just ads so much more to the experience, also games like Star Trek Bridge Commander, is just amazing , excited for the future .