Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Wings over vietnam

Hi Guys

Where can I get a copy of wings over vietnam in the uk.

Everybody only seems to stock Strike fighters project 1.The covers look different or is this the american version & the uk version.

Cheers Pete :help:

Where can I get a copy of wings over vietnam in the uk.

Everybody only seems to stock Strike fighters project 1.The covers look different or is this the american version & the uk version.

It's only officially been published in the USA although there were Russian counterfeits doing the rounds too.

There's a chance that it's just being published in Germany now (either that or more knockoffs).

Differences between SF & WOV are terrain, plane set & campaigns.

Cheers mate

Found one on amazon,Have ordered it,Is it an add-on to strike fighters project 1

or is it a stand alone game.

Thanx again Pete :)

Cheers mate

Found one on amazon,Have ordered it,Is it an add-on to strike fighters project 1

or is it a stand alone game.

Thanx again Pete :)

It's a stand-alone, and it's completely open in architecture, as is Strike Fighters.

Cheers Mate

Can't wait for it to arrive now.Are graphics as good as Pacific fighters.

My graphics should cope I'm running :

XP2600+ chip

1 Gig Ram

6800GT Graphics Card

Thanx Pete

Cheers Mate

Can't wait for it to arrive now.Are graphics as good as Pacific fighters.

My graphics should cope I'm running :

XP2600+ chip

1 Gig Ram

6800GT Graphics Card

Thanx Pete

Well, the aircraft models themselves are up there, and in many cases, superior to those in the IL-2 series.

The terrain can use some improvement, and that's where the modding community comes into play, with 3D models of bridges, rail yards, and other structures being either available now, or in the works. And soon enough, we'll have also improved atmospherics; clouds, sun effects, etc. :cool:

Possibly the only gripe may be a lack of advanced water surface effects, but after getting a peak at what the developer (TK), has in store for us in the next patch, I would not be surprised if he addresses that "issue", as well.

sfgprev0024sp.jpg

Edited by Fubar512

Cheers Mate

Looks good :) :clapping: :)

Hi guys

I'm well pissed off,Just had an e-mail from amazon & they can't deliver wings over vietnam to the uk.So I'll have to order strike fighters gold (a new name for strike fighters project 1) I assume instead.

Lifes a bitch,Then you marry one,Then you Die.

Cheers Pete :sad::sad::sad::sad:

So I'll have to order strike fighters gold (a new name for strike fighters project 1) I assume instead.

Slight differences - different (more) campaigns & it's missing the F-104G & the C-130 out of the box but Third Wire have now published an F-104G addon for it.

I can give you a link to a US store that will ship WOV to the UK if still interested?

Please Mate

I really want give this sim ago

Cheers Pete

Cheers Mate

Have ordered strike fighters Gold from an UK site,& heave downloaded all the patches including F104 from Game spot Uk site.Will order Wings Over Vietnam when I get back from holiday.Its a bit exspensive ordering from the states its going to cost me around $50 to have it shipped here including the game.Will the add-on aircraft in file announcements be compatable with strike fighjters gold.

Cheers Pete

Edited by Pete

Will the add-on aircraft in file announcements be comparable with strike fighters gold.

Cheers Pete

Yes, they share the same basic engine, so aircraft and objects that work in one sim will work in the other as long as both sims are patched to comparable levels.

Cheers Mate

Have downloaded 1,2,3,F4J phantom & F104 patches.

Just waiting for the postman to bring it tomorrow.The graphics look good & strike fighters gold has had good reviews.

All the best Pete :)

SFP1 and WoV are great games in that they're the ultimate "sandboxes" for flight. Il-2 and LOMAC you have to fly what they give you, but here you can do what you want, when you want, where you want. :)

The Jedi Master

Sounds great.

Still waiting for the postman,Will have to give it a spin when get back from Holiday.

Going up the Lake district(uk) for a week to photograph hopefully Tornados,Jaguars,Typhoons & Harriers fast & low.

Cheers Pete

Going up the Lake district(uk) for a week to photograph hopefully Tornados,Jaguars,Typhoons & Harriers fast & low.

Don't forget the Hawks & Tucanos - you should see a lot of those along with the odd C-130 & Helo...

May actually see nothing as they are all down at the wash this week, as there is a bombing competition going on at the range, between US and RAF planes , hive of activity here, planes coming in and out and loading up to go back out and bomb.

Guest IndioBlack
Hi guys

I'm well pissed off,Just had an e-mail from amazon & they can't deliver wings over vietnam to the uk.So I'll have to order strike fighters gold (a new name for strike fighters project 1) I assume instead.

Lifes a bitch,Then you marry one,Then you Die.

Cheers Pete  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

I don't know what's gone wrong for you there, but I ordered one from Amazon.com, the US store, about a month ago, and mine arrived without problem. I'm in the UK too.

Hate to rub salt in the wounds, but it's terrific.

Maybe you should try some of the other US online stores.

I notice you're running an Nvidia Geforce 6800GT, which is exactly the graphics card I have. How do you have it set up for your Sims?

Strike Fighters seems okay as default, but I had black lines flashing all over Pacific Fighters, and CFS3 wouldn't run, until I set the Nvidia settings up to "High Quality".

I'd appreciate any knowledge you've gained on your settings.

Don't forget the Hawks & Tucanos - you should see a lot of those along with the odd C-130 & Helo...

Back now.Didn,t see much in the way of outstanding aircraft mainly Tucanos & Hawks.Allthough one day we did see a pair of F15's which buzzed me 2 or 3 times in my boat.Have sent films off hope to have pictures back soon.

Edited by Pete