I noticed the download EAW download section is fairly vacant. Is there something we could be doing better here at CA to help EAW develop a more robust file library here? I'm also wondering who is/are the developer(s) for EAW? There are some account level perks that come along with the position, site-wise, and the position is still vacant.

Cheers, E

I went through the downloads awhile back, many of the current EAW are not needed as I believe they are just repacks of other archives that could be uploaded.
Also latter large downloads contain files that in a whole replace the the older downloads.
I know I'm being vague here , but this was a few years ago I went through them.
Perhaps contact the one user (I forgot his name, starts with an L) and see if he can remove those older packages that are spread-out, as his latest offering supersedes the older files he posted.

Most of the information, such as modding tools and (minus how too' s) are on the Code Groups (Jels) Mediafire account) and Closed to non members FTP server.
VBH of EAWPRO authoring uses his own tools and other old tools from the stock game.

If you want files for stock EAW there are plenty at:
http://www.thatoneplease.co/Tally-Ho/   and my acount at mediafire https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0e8990vqszo0n/EAW   

Perhaps some EAW members at your CombatACE forum could post files and descriptions here to help out.
I have my hands full with the html page I have for downloads ( https://eaw.neocities.org/files.html ) It does not nearly have all DLs listed though.

Shoe cobbler wants shoes and when he asks his patrons where's a good place I can get me shoes, they send him elsewhere. There's some irony in that I suppose. :lol:

• Like 1

Well you have to go some where to get the files. Tally Ho (by sandbagger) has archived probably 87% of the available files and information since 2002.
I managed to find older files and sorted them differently than he had. Which should make it easier to cherry pick files to post here at CombatACE.
Like I said I'd do it, but my hands are full still organizing the files since I put them together in a newly but differently organized location.

Erik,

I may have some stuff I could upload here but they'd be already kind of obsolete by now. The problem is that devellopment goes rather rapid and I have my own website to maintain as well. A big problem is that for instance my spritesets change the old ones will no longer work. Thye're all very nice pictures and may serve someone else to start modifying them but the latest ones are just the best IMHO.

Besides that it is very timeconsuming to upload hundreds of drawings and I probably have a few thousand, ranging from crappy to hmmmm as my drawing skills are constantly evolving. I wouldn't mind uploading theatres but they're also under revision. Having copies here would only benefit the community but I'm sure Mark would like to have them as well.

Theatres are pretty large downloads, mine are about 50MB, which isn't particularly much nowadays but I feel they're not quite finished yet. However whn they're ready for release I won't mind uploading it here but I just can't say when I fell they're ready or when an interim stage is reached, this stuff changes by the minute.

I'll see if I have something to contribute, possibly Pacific Tide III can be added.

VonBeerhofen

All due respect but we've leaned out over a tangent so far away from my original questions that I'm confused. I appreciate your time and will just go away quietly. Carry on.