JamesWilson

I got a serious problem about the last 2008 patch PLEASE HELP

I HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO FIX THIS "AFTER 2008 PATCH" LAG AND FREEZE ISSUE

Hi guys, after understanding i had to update my version of SFP1 (i had the very first version), i went on Combat Ace to download the patch… I found a pack that included all patches, but it required the last SFP1 service pack installed.

So i went on Third Wire web site and i downloaded the last service pack (v. 05.15.06), then i installed it on my SFP1 file.

After that, i went back to Combat Ace, to install the patch pack on my SFP1 file, it finally worked.

After doing so, i started playing SFP1, i instantly saw that the settings had reset, i could finally choose the year to play with, and other normal changes.

I decided to start a mission, just to see what else changed, and an INCREDIBLE AND MASSIVE LAG STARTED, I COULDN' T EVEN PLAY, IT KEPT FREEZING, STUTTERING, LAGGING, LIKE 5 FPSs.

Before i installed these files (service pack and patch), the game was veeeeeeery smooth, at high detail (the game is very old and i have a poweful pc too), i had no problems… but i decided to update it because the version i had was too old (lots of feautures missing).

I had also played Wings Over Europe in the past, and i knew that the oldest versions of the game (previous to 2008 patch) used to run very bad on modern computers, but in my case, in SFP1 is the contrary!!!

Only after installing these packs all these problems started… i also tried to play it on lowest settings, but the difference is almost absent.

Please help me, i got no idea on what to do, why this happened, and if needed, how to restore to the version before i applied these patches.

This is a very very big issue for me, it turned one of my favourite games into a TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE game!      

I want to thank you all guys, for constantly helping me and people like me, who love the Strike Fighter series, but has no clue on how to mod and change this awesome game :heart:

Edited by Wrench
removed all the "tags" - they aren't necessary

ever consider just shit canning the version you have and buying the latest (08 patch level exes) straight from 3rd Wire??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the most colorful posts I've seen in awhile. The software is supported by Thirdwire not CombatACE, that includes installation and patching. I would recommend using the contact information available on the Thirdwire site.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Wrench said:

ever consider just shit canning the version you have and buying the latest (08 patch level exes) straight from 3rd Wire??

So how should i do?

Should i reinstall SFP1 and re-download the last patch from TW web site?

4 hours ago, Erik said:

One of the most colorful posts I've seen in awhile. The software is supported by Thirdwire not CombatACE, that includes installation and patching. I would recommend using the contact information available on the Thirdwire site.

So what should i do?

What can i do to fix this enormous issue??

I' m really desperate…. :stars:

Should i reinstall the game?

And from where should i install the latest patch?

There seems to be some difficulty in understanding in what I said above. So, let's try this.

Go the the 3rd Wire Website

go to the STORE (header at the top)

go the "For Windows XP" link

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm

find the game(s) you want there, (THE ENTIRE GAME -- NOT the patches)

and purchase NEW copies. They are already patched to the 08 level

Install games. Play for several weeks (or months depending on the depth of knowledge required), exploring and becoming intimate with the game system. Then, and ONLY then, start modding. 

5 hours ago, Wrench said:

There seems to be some difficulty in understanding in what I said above. So, let's try this.

Go the the 3rd Wire Website

go to the STORE (header at the top)

go the "For Windows XP" link

https://store.thirdwire.com/store_p2.htm

find the game(s) you want there, (THE ENTIRE GAME -- NOT the patches)

and purchase NEW copies. They are already patched to the 08 level

Install games. Play for several weeks (or months depending on the depth of knowledge required), exploring and becoming intimate with the game system. Then, and ONLY then, start modding. 

OK, thank you very much, and sorry for being annoying :ty::ok: