m8 how much was involved in making exporter for blender..?...why I ask....out there are people who create exporters,plug ins etc for 3ds max....im going to take an afternoon looking for some forums where maybe can get someone to look at max exporter and see if they can make a new one ...for todays versions of 3ds max maybe 2016 etc.....

even if it means offering a few quid\dollars to someone..

cheers m8

The main effort was in the reverse engineering of the lod format. But if someone knows the lod format (he can start with my blender exporter plugin, it's written in python and should be more or less understandable. But beware: around 10% of the lod format are still unknown to me) and he is experienced with writing 3ds max plugins, I think it should be possible to write a new exporter in 1-2 weeks (40-80h). Depending on the wage rate it will maybe cost you around $3000 - $6000.

ok thnx for reply....max 2009 it is then lol...

it does the job ok....just not so stable as say max 2016....cheers m8