Sign in to follow this  
markkyle66

How to use add on terrains?

Hey guys I have no idea how to use addon terrains? The readme's that came with the file didnt help me very much :wacko: IS there an exact way you do it? Any help is highly appreciated! thanks guys

Hey guys I have no  idea how to use addon terrains? The readme's that came with the file didnt help me very much :wacko: 

Which terrain & which game?

WOV, patch 3, latest weapons pack,

SEA, DRV1.4, AE

Can't seen objects, runways etc. With Deuces EA terrain I start halfway underground. :dntknw:

Wings over Nam on patch III... I keep trying and no success yet : / Im tryign to get the terrains off of dueces site

Thats where I got the AE terrain, the others I got here.

Did you take the desert.cat file and copy it, then drop into the terrain and downloaded. Once you drop them in there rename them to the name of the terrian. AE needs a copy of the desert.cat file (found in the desert terrain folder) droppws in it and renamed to AE.cat

Ok i have looked where is this desert terrain file??? :dntknw:

lemme search the downloads here again....

Guest IndioBlack
Ok i have looked where is this desert terrain file???  :dntknw:

lemme search the downloads here again....

This has just cropped up with someone else over the Korean Terrain, so I'm reminded how you do it.

You go into the standard Desert terrain that comes with the game and find the file called desert.cat. You make a copy of it and put it in your new terrain folder. then you rename it Korea.cat, and now you get the airfields. You rename it whatever the folder is called for the new terrain. So if the folder is called Mexico, you rename it Mexico.cat.

Does this help?

You go into the standard Desert terrain that comes with the game and find the file called desert.cat.

Does this help?

Ahhh.. I don't have SFP1 , I have WOV. I need Desert.cat file then...

No. It would be called VietnamSEA.cat in WOV. Just copy it to your new Terrain that you downloaded, and Rename it (The Name of the new Terrain)

i.e. AE, range,Korea,SCal,DBS.......ect.

Be sure the new Terrain Folder(AE for example) is in your "Terrains" Folder in WOV.

Edited by 331Killerbee

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I See.... Said the Blind Man!!!!! :clapping:

Got it, I see the terrains..... Which BTW COOL! :cool:

now why do I take off from the middle of the runway facing the wrong direction?

:help: DRV1.4 Terrain for example

Edited by Sidewinder86

I'm pretty sure it's a conflict with the .hfd and .tfd files. These two files control Hight and Long. Lat. of the Game world. The DRV .hfd and .tfd Files might have different Scales than the Scales in the WOV .hfd and .tfd files which are located in the vietnamSEA.cat. I'm not too sure about this, But it might be the trouble.

Besides, DRV 1.4 is a Vietnam Terrain. You already have a Vietnam Terrain in WOV. Every thing you can do in the DRV Terrain, You can do in the WOV terrain. The Ground Object Add-Ons that are to be used in DRV, can be used in WOV.

I hope this helps you out some.

No. It would be called VietnamSEA.cat in WOV. Just copy it to your new Terrain that you downloaded, and Rename it (The Name of the new Terrain)

i.e.  AE, range,Korea,SCal,DBS.......ect.

Be sure the new Terrain Folder(AE for example) is in your "Terrains" Folder in WOV.

Cool beans, glad I looked here. I was wondring about this meself!

Z