Sign in to follow this  
bop1701

Changing distance when starting/warping

Morning -

Does anyone know how to edit the distance from the 'action' you will be from when you either advance to the next action or set the Options Menu to place you close to the action (instead of starting on the runway)?

I'd rather pop out 50-80nm from the target to get a radar picture and some situation awareness instead of being dropped into the fray almost immediately.

Thanks, and thanks to all the modders/creators/programmers for continuing to put fantastic Wo* items out.  Ya'll're giving us home-bound and grounded types something to do and look forward to.

B

I always start on the runway and use the Alt+T x2/x4/x8 features to get around quicker rather than "light speed". However, if I remember correctly, the square icon (the one that's always present before the triangle one) on the Mission Editor and Mission Planning maps decide where you'll start / come out of light speed - if you move that further back from the action then that should solve your issue. 

• Like 2

Yep, moving your square waypoint will solve that part of the problem but remember that when pressing Alt-N while you're by default teleported a bit before the square waypoint, IF the game detects you get in close proximity of an AAA/SAM protected site, or an hostile flight during travel, it only teleports you at the point of hostile encounter and lets you deal with it, refusing to teleport you again until the threat is destroyed or a safe distance away.